2 Posts

Run, Fight, or Die!» Forums » General

Subject: Lucky or am I missing something? (Solo) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, played a few solo games now, not sure if I'm just being lucky or I'm missing something, I just seem to keep getting to draw followers, get to the points required really fast then, get to draw location cards nearly each turn while keeping the zombies away, get to the town line without any problems, played 4 times easy mode and 2 times medium mode, do I need to start the difficult mode, does it ramp up the difficulty when adding the mutant boss? Will the expansion (horde) make it more difficult? Really enjoying it though. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only play the solo game on the hardest mode with the Horde expansion. That combination makes it pretty difficult to win (but not impossible).

One rule to make sure you're getting right: you're adding 3 zombies to zone 3 every turn, plus 1 zombie for each zombie die, right? The only time you can avoid this is when you roll the All's Quiet" side of the Event die. And even then, you still add zombies from the action dice.

You need to roll 2 search icons to draw a follower, leaving only (at best) 3 dice to fight zombies. So if you're drawing a lot of followers early, the zombies should start to pile up, assuming the occasional zombie die roll and book of the dead roll, which won't directly kill a zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.