Hide
3 Posts

Dragon Strike» Forums » Rules

Subject: First time game night! Rules on attacking, with save vs magic. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Terlop
msg tools
Hello all, we are having our first game night and my father gave me a copy of Dragon strike. I have a question.
1. Does using the save vs magic use a turn? Count as an action?

For example, let's say a wizard enters a room with a monster and that wizard casts a spell. My monster tried to resist that spell by rolling the die using save vs magic. Does my monster trying to resist that spell count as a turn? Or can I try to resist the spell and then attack all in one turn?

Any other advice on having a fun game experience is appreciated. We've gone all out for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling a save doesn't take up the action, regardless if its a hero or a monster. However, such rolls should be used when it is the opponent's turn or if you trigger a trap and the trap card calls for such a roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Waddel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ilovenerdwins87 wrote:
Hello all, we are having our first game night and my father gave me a copy of Dragon strike. I have a question.
1. Does using the save vs magic use a turn? Count as an action?

For example, let's say a wizard enters a room with a monster and that wizard casts a spell. My monster tried to resist that spell by rolling the die using save vs magic. Does my monster trying to resist that spell count as a turn? Or can I try to resist the spell and then attack all in one turn?

Any other advice on having a fun game experience is appreciated. We've gone all out for this!

The "save vs. magic" is a response. It is NOT an actual turn. It would be if Terraptus the Wizard cast a spell at the Warrior, and he used the same "save vs magic" roll. The Warrior could then go back out on his turn and act like normal. This game is awesome. I have played quite a few times (as both Dragon Master and Player, sometimes both) and it is a kick. Keep it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.