Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, the way I read the rules it looks like at the end of your turn you receive 1 secret mission card, BUT if you have control of the monolith you INSTEAD receive 2 energize cards.

Is this correct? Just last night when playing one of the players decided it wasn't worth for him to be on top of the monolith because he wasn't receiving any secret mission cards. So he decide to get off it so he could then receive secret mission cards. Are we playing by the right way or do you get both types of cards? Meaning, if you control the monolith do you get 2 energize cards AND 1 secret mission card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

On the Reference Chart it gives a run down of teh turn order, it has this to say about the final turn:

"6 - Draw 1 Secret Mission card. If you control the Monolith, draw 2 Energize cards."

The full stop in the middle indicates they are seperate actions, the first taken by everyone who ends their turn; the second is taken in addition, if you control the monolith.

My reading of the rules and the Reference Chart means therefore that the player who controls the Monolith gets both a Secret Mission card (as per usual) as well as 2 Energize cards - which makes controlling the Monolith a much more inspiring thing!!!

Cheers!

Giles.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.