9 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Minis for both genders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Freund
msg tools
Hi everyone,

I just bought SOB and I'm very impressed so far. I love the fact that each character sheet has a male and female version. I've read that there are minis that are supposed to coincide with both the male and female version of the character class, but my box just included the 4 "default" hero minis.

Do the alternative gender minis exist? And if so, how can I find them? If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated.

Kind of silly for my wife to play a female Lawman but her mini has a mustache

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Alternate Gender Minis will be a separate purchase but will be available at retail (according to the Kickstarter)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying Frog Productions will slowly be releasing the miniatures for both genders of all of the hero classes. As of now there no additional miniatures available. If you go to the Kickstarter page for this project you can see the sculpts. They will be available retail at some point.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-brimstone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Freund
msg tools
I see. Thanks for the quick response there partner

Looks like they have big plans for this game. Pretty exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, miniatures can be scrounged from other games or sources if you have them. We've been using Reaper miniatures, and others have been using Malifaux.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using a mix of Reaper minis and also a couple of sets from the "tombstone" series from Black Scorpion miniatures.

I got this set of Old West Terrors thinking about how I could use them in SoB:
https://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/product_info.php?cPa...

I like the reaper Big Game Hunter from the chronoscope series for a male rancher but also makes me think it would be a cool new character type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that the minis from A touch of evil work pretty well also. I've been using the preacher from there, the messenger, the school teacher, etc. Not the exact time period but it works in a pinch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nephi somerville
United Kingdom
LOCHWINNOCH
RENFREWSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What Reaper mini packs do you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use (or will use, in the case of KS III) minis from the core sets of each of the Reaper Bones KickStarters, including minis from each of the following subsets:

KS I: Chronoscope, Zombie Hunters
KS II: Pulp Action, Savage Worlds
KS III: Savage Worlds (2 days left, will ship next summer)

The current KS also has a Mythos expansion, which has some investigators that might be of use for SoB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.