Subject: Task checks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Kaufman
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
The board has spaces where you can record the status of a task. The range is from -6 to 15. Are these ranges hard caps? It would seem by the wording of the rules, they are.

In our game last night, the first players rolled bad (or claimed they rolled bad. :)) The first player ended up putting three dice totaling -6. The next player then added a -2. Seems to me by the wording of the rules, that the status of the task check is still -6 and not at -8. I suppose same could happen if you ever got to +15 and submitted a positive die, it would stay at +15.

The rules say the following with regards to tasks:

"Every time a die is submitted, move the black Success cube up
or down on the Difficulty track the appropriate number. Each
positive die submitted counts toward success; each negative
die submitted counts toward failure."

So seems to me the board spaces are hard limits and can't be pushed below those limits. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
We treated them as hard limits, but I'm not sure what the official ruling would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morlockhq wrote:
We treated them as hard limits, but I'm not sure what the official ruling would be.

They are NOT hard limits. The totals can go below -6 or above +16 (track however you see fit). I just didn't have room on the board to accommodate edge cases where the totals got that off the charts. This is definitely another one for the FAQ I'm building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.