Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to help a friend track down the FF expansion, I called 5 local game/comic shops. One eventually said they had a few copies left, so I will grab one for him, but the news gets better.

IT'S COMING BACK!

According to all of the shops, they all have it on preorder. They all said that this is a recent development. Hopefully, it will be back out in a couple of months, but there is no confirmed date yet. Obviously, take this with a grain of salt as I have no official way of confirming this (Devin, Brenzor, Jeff?), but all of the stores in this area have good reputations. I don't see any reason why all of them would make this up, especially since they all have the same information.

Here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Well... The movie is coming up soon. I guess someone decided it's worth milking after all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe. I'm just hoping it opens the door for more FF content in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I very, very much hope this is true, but I'll believe it when either Brenzor confirms or CoolStuffInc sends me a notification that it's back in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I very, very much hope this is true, but I'll believe it when either Brenzor confirms or CoolStuffInc sends me a notification that it's back in stock.

Understandable, Ed. We shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I already have my copy, but I too hope it's coming back. The team never did much for me, but they're a huge presence in the Marvel universe. It doesn't hurt that the set's cards are good to great. Silver Surfer is weak, but the others are just fine, and Focus is probably my favorite mechanic from any expansion. Newcomers to the game will want it.

If it doesn't come back, I hope someone will post the cards online so newcomers can make fake ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Really? Silver Surfer is the weakest? I think he's more than decent. He's basically like Thor in that he turns recruit to attack and his focus to draw is awesome.

I would rank Human Torch as the weakest and almost always I would avoid picking him if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
I already have my copy, but I too hope it's coming back. The team never did much for me, but they're a huge presence in the Marvel universe. It doesn't hurt that the set's cards are good to great. Silver Surfer is weak, but the others are just fine, and Focus is probably my favorite mechanic from any expansion. Newcomers to the game will want it.

If it doesn't come back, I hope someone will post the cards online so newcomers can make fake ones.

SS weak? No way. His autokill focus card is amazing. Torch is a fun beatstick. Fantastic has great versatility especially in tech decks. Invisible Woman works great in bystander decks. Thing is the weakest, honestly. He's just... kind of there, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gibson
United Kingdom
Taunton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:
In an effort to help a friend track down the FF expansion, I called 5 local game/comic shops. One eventually said they had a few copies left, so I will grab one for him, but the news gets better.

IT'S COMING BACK!

According to all of the shops, they all have it on preorder. They all said that this is a recent development. Hopefully, it will be back out in a couple of months, but there is no confirmed date yet. Obviously, take this with a grain of salt as I have no official way of confirming this (Devin, Brenzor, Jeff?), but all of the stores in this area have good reputations. I don't see any reason why all of them would make this up, especially since they all have the same information.

Here's hoping!

Hmm, I'm not sure where this info has come from but here is the email reply I got from upper deck when I asked them if they had stopped printing it. This email was received on July 8th.

Jamie,

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately, the Fantastic 4 expansion is not being printed any longer. There are copies available to purchase on the internet (I.E. Amazon) and other online retailers that still have copies for purchase. We do apologize about this.

Sincerely,

Upper Deck Customer Care
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamieGibson wrote:
BuddhaRock wrote:

IT'S COMING BACK!

Here's hoping!

Hmm, I'm not sure where this info has come from but here is the email reply I got from upper deck when I asked them if they had stopped printing it. This email was received on July 8th.

Jamie,

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately, the Fantastic 4 expansion is not being printed any longer. There are copies available to purchase on the internet (I.E. Amazon) and other online retailers that still have copies for purchase. We do apologize about this.

Sincerely,

Upper Deck Customer Care

This was just a couple of days ago, so maybe in the last couple of weeks they have changed their mind. I honestly don't know. I'm just going by what I was told. I'll try to ask at GenCon, but I imagine it's a question they are tired of answering. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was coming back in to print, wouldn't they be telling everyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:
SS weak? No way. His autokill focus card is amazing. Torch is a fun beatstick. Fantastic has great versatility especially in tech decks. Invisible Woman works great in bystander decks. Thing is the weakest, honestly. He's just... kind of there, really.

I agree with those statements. Sorry, Thing.... IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Thing.

(I like all the guys that move Villains around.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
If it was coming back in to print, wouldn't they be telling everyone?

As I mentioned in another thread on this topic: someone here who's lucky enough to attend GENCON needs to ask this specific question of the Upper Deck folks at their booth (ideally one from the Legendary development team, but I'm not going to be that picky at this point) and then strongly request they put the official answer out there in their blog or, even better, out here for all of us!

I know there are several FLGSs out there who are sharing the news that FF is coming back and they have nothing to gain by fabricating the story. I don't doubt they are being told this by someone up the distribution chain out there. My worry is that this particular "someone" isn't properly vetted and they're getting far too many people spun up and excited without any real authority in the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I still think Silver Surfer is on the weak side. Warp Speed is truly marvelous, but the others don't do that much. And I fully agree that Silver Surfer is a lot like Thor, but I think Thor is bad, too.

Epic Destiny doesn't do much if there are no 5 or 6 Attack villains around, and Power Cosmic is even more limited by the simple fact that if you don't produce 9 Recruit you can't use its focus power. While the 1:1 proportion of turning Recruit to Attack is great, it's very likely that you'll have no shortage of Recruit that you weren't able to turn into Attack.

What probably confounds me the most about Silver Surfer is that Thing can match or even exceed Surfer in producing Recruit even though that's all Surfer does. Getting Yancy Street and Knuckle Sandwich is hardly a challenge, and those two together made more Recruit than any combination of two of Surfer's cards, even two Power Cosmic cards or Power Cosmic plus Energy Surge. This strikes me as wrong, and my perception of him being weak is aggravated by the fact that Surfer is supposed to be among the most powerful Marvel characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Its not coming Back. the reason as I understand it is that marvel did not want fox to make this fantastic four feature. and fox has to make an FF film every few years or they lose the rights to do so. disnet..er I mean marvel told them if they did it anyway that they would end the fantastic four s existence in the marvel universe. they would kill off the characters, end the comic book line and refuse to license any more merchandise or allow the creation of any non contract specific movie related merchandise. effectively killing the value of the IP the FF expansion for this game was just one silly side effect. marvel has already ended the fantastic four comic and wont be making any more. and they cut them completely out of civil war and the infinity gauntlet series they are slowly merging all the story lines into. so if marvel stays true to their word then no more FF stuff. I guess we will see. but I would say that, in my opinion, if you want this expansion you should get it now before the prices get crazy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to the owner of my FLGS about this recently. Apparently some distribution companies still have it listed as out of stock, not out of print. He did not know it was OOP until I told him. In his system it is available for back order/pre-order. As such, it looks like a re-release/new edition, even though it has been discontinued.

While I would love to see it make a comeback, I don't realistically see it happening. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:

No clue what you're talking about. Thing is insanely powerful. He can convert a relatively small amount of recruit to attack (Torch and Surfer can do it too, but with a much higher by-in) at 3*. That, and his Yancy Street recruit common is often a guaranteed 4* for 3 cost. Clobberin' Time is disgusting if you've been playing a Thing deck. Personally I feel Torch is the weakest largely because he isn't as synergistic with the other F4 members. Unless you have Sue or his Recruit common dealing with those wounds, he's a liability. But honestly all of them are great. Surfer is powerful, but he has a learning curve and requires a lot of deck building to get him off the ground. But the 2* for a draw is painfully good.

And last but not least, Buddha answered his own question at Gencon -- it's not coming back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew... I'm glad I picked up the one lone copy sitting on a game store shelf about a month ago. A Marvel game without a hint of FF doesn't feel right, even if they aren't my favorite group. It's a fun set overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
Whew... I'm glad I picked up the one lone copy sitting on a game store shelf about a month ago. A Marvel game without a hint of FF doesn't feel right, even if they aren't my favorite group. It's a fun set overall.

I did the same thing for my buddy. He loves the F4 expansion and I bought him a copy at my FLGS for $20. Then I looked at Amazon - yowza!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs A Lolley
United Kingdom
Anglesey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone pick me one up if they see one???

I live on a rural island and am a power wheelchair user full-time so can't get out to bricks and mortar shops, and even if I could many of them are not accessible.

Its the only expansion I can't get hold of. Everywhere online is either out of stock or ridiculous prices. I'm happy to pay (reasonable) cost price plus postage to UK.

Thanks
Mrs SoM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
travis gibb
msg tools
Im looking for a copy as well. I am willing to work out a reasonable deal. I dont even care if its used. I will buy out of the package if someone has one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joakim kristofersen
Norway
flag msg tools
I have a new copy I might sell.
But I live in Norway, so I´m not sure how much it would cost to ship it.
If I can mail it as a letter, I think it´s somewhere around $7 to the US and $6 to Europe.

Joakim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So, yeah. Clearly did not come back in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CulBlu Vlogs
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wnt to my first Comicon ever (Fayetteville Comicon), and was lucky enough to snag a copy for 15 bucks. Allegedly they had more copies, but tbh, I ddn't see it resrocked after passing by the booth a few times thepugh the day. [I also saw multiple copies of PtTR, GotG, and Fear expansions beside it; but only one Fantastic four]

Perhaps cons will be the best place to find copies now days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.