Brent McLennan
Canada
MONTREAL OUEST
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To those that might be in Montreal for any of the festivals going on (Just for Laughs, Fantasia Film Fest, etc.) and obviously for the local gaming enthusiasts...

MtlTGN-RJTMtl will be hosting a Gaming, Film Screening and Used Games Market event at Crossover Comics (3560 Notre-Dame W., Montréal, QC H4C 1P4) on Saturday, July 25th starting at around 11:30am.

The original Meetup event posting is on http://www.meetup.com/Montreal-Tabletop-Game-Network/events/...

For the 2$ cover each attendee will get a raffle ticket. The prize will be a $20 gift certificate for Crossover Comics. Other prizes may be announced on the day.

Gaming Event: We will not have a specific feature for this event. Simply bring out the games that you would most like to play or simply show up and toss in your vote for what you're interested in. As always show up early so you can get yourself seated at one of the tables.

Used Game Market: We will be reserving a few tables for our members so they can either swap or sell used games. For each game placed on the tables we will evaluate its condition and agree to a value with the owner. Anyone submitting games will be able to make a list of items that they will accept in trade. If you are willing to simply sell a game, a price will need to be set. For some of the games that are in higher demand we can also set up a silent auction where offers are submitted and the highest one wins the game. As always the organizers will have a Square card reader on hand to facilitate credit card payments. Please coordinate with us in advance if you can't bring out everything you would like to trade. We will work with an honour system between swappers in cases where the games are not physically at venue. Please respect the arrangements made on the day. Lastly, in some cases if there are games that might be of interest as a library copy for the whole group, it will be exchanged for a Crossover Comics store credit (*the MtlTGN-RJTMtl event organizer will in effect pay for the used game with a separately purchased store credit).

Film Screening: We are hoping to screen the documentary, The Next Great American Game with some of the extra features (interviews with game designers). Check the homepage and the trailer for more info (http://www.tabletopmovie.com/).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent McLennan
Canada
MONTREAL OUEST
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to those that took interest in the event and thanks so much to the great folks ar Crossover Comics. We had a great time at this fledgling gaming space in the heart of the St. Henri district of Montreal. The area, which used to be full of run down businesses and creepy massage parlours has started to take on a new look. A lot of restaurants and some new boutiques have installed themselves in this revamped neighborhood. Crossover Comics was a bit ahead of the renaissance and now with this expansion of their store to include the gaming space, I`m sure they will gain some dedicated supporters that are not only into comics or games, but enjoy an afternoon sitting at the tables playing familiar stuff, but trying out the new releases as well.

Stay tuned for info about other events that we'll be holding at Crossover Comics.

Brent
(Founder/Organizer, MtlTGN-RJTMtl)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad I didn't notice before now, I'm a Montrealer and would probably have dropped by.

Hope to see you next year

Edit: Syntax blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent McLennan
Canada
MONTREAL OUEST
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will try have a few every year. This Fall, probably in October, I will run another one of these "deluxe" events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, please keep me advised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent McLennan
Canada
MONTREAL OUEST
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving forward we should be promoting these events at least a month in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn I just missed this! I've got quite a few games I'm looking to trade, so definitely plan on headin out to the next one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent McLennan
Canada
MONTREAL OUEST
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottiewolfe wrote:
Darn I just missed this! I've got quite a few games I'm looking to trade, so definitely plan on headin out to the next one!

The next one should be in a couple of months (probably October). In the meantime you can join our Meetup group and check the discussion forum. Then you can list your used games and see what used games are available from the other members.

www.meetup.com/Montreal-Tabletop-Game-Network
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.