3 Posts

Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Help for winning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donatien Lacroix
msg tools
Hello,
I very rarely win. Even on easy level. Any one as some combos, tips, advices ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
Are you using all of the characters' special abilities a lot? It's often worth it to spend a die or two charging an ability if it's going to give you a big bonus to an attack roll.

Are your characters dying a lot? It helps to keep track of where the enemies spawn and make sure you're out of their movement range, so they can't spawn and attack you immediately.

Always roll one die at a time when moving, so you don't use more than necessary. The same thing goes for charging up your abilities.

Err on the side of caution when attacking or trying to open a door/chest. It's better to use one more dice than you needed if you roll well than it is to potentially waste a turn.

Don't forget to charge an ability by one space whenever you roll a star. Between this and manually charging them, I find my characters using 1-2 special abilities per turn usually, often being able to make a successful attack by just rolling one die (since that's the minimum).

I hope I'm not being offensive by giving you advice that you are already doing. I've only played the first scenario with all three difficulties, so I'm not sure how much this applies to other scenarios.

How many characters are you playing? Which scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, avoid saving too few dice for defense. If your character has a high defense, a single die may help against a single attack from the lowliest ugly snouts. However, more often than not, you must invest more dice in order to raise a significant defense.

If you have a spare die at the end of the turn, Charging your skills is almost always a more advisable course of action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.