Subject: My storage boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my storage boxes! I've got the majority of the "main" expansions, and using these they all fit within the original box. with enough of them, there plenty of support for the scorecard, rules and tile bag to sit on top.

They're designed to be completely white where they touch the tiles, and also to have no visible tabs left over from gluing together etc. I've used the excellent vector images created by wamboyil.

If anyone's particularly taken with them and is interested, I can clean up the PDFs and make them available!

Cheers,
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bell
United States
Baroda
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are great! I'm definitely interested in seeing the pdfs! Nice work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. If you did put them on a pdf in the files section I would download them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

PDFs... please cry !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
Great to see the interest, thanks! Will hopefully have something up later on today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
The file is uploaded, just have to wait for approval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
Now approved!

Any/all feedback is welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
Whilst looking at the photos again earlier I realised my Traders & Builders box has got the main logo at the top, rather than the text of the expansion... It holds the same number of tiles as each of the base tile set boxes, so was a copy of those originally - guess I missed that text

V2 is now live with this fixed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
So tonight I made my first "tuckbox" version as I'd like to hold some of the other items - here's one for the tower pieces:

Not 100% happy with it as the sides need some flaps for the lid to "engage" with - still figuring out how to do that whilst keeping the aesthetics matching and the box fairly rigid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Lau
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for these storage boxes! Excellent directions.

I already had the base game (classic version) but wanted the first two expansions and The River, so naturally I settled for the humongous Big Box 5 from 2014.

With the storage boxes I managed to fit all of it in the base game's box. Cutting, scoring, folding and gluing was a lot of work, but well worth it:

Left column, from top to bottom:
- Base game, part 1
- Base game, part 2
- Base game, part 3
- The River
- Inns & Cathedrals
- Hills & Sheep

Right column, from top to bottom:
- Wheel of Fortune, addon tiles
- Wheel of Fortune base game tiles, part 1
- Wheel of Fortune base game tiles, part 2
- Wheel of Fortune base game tiles, part 3
- Traders & Builders
- Scoring Tiles plus Starting Tile

I'll have to redo one of the boxes as it was a too tight fit and got damaged. The linen bag for the sheep tiles was bought separately, as the Big Box didn't come with any bags. I'm using the base game's starting tile as a normal tile, since Big Box 5 came with 72+1 cards whereas the original had 71+1 IIRC. I've ordered the blue Carcassonne bag, so a different back graphic won't be a problem. Some of the Big Box base tiles have wheels printed on them, which is distracting if you don't play with the Wheel of Fortune expansion, so now, if I decide to play the Wheel of Fortune, I can simply switch out the base tiles.

Anyway, if you ever do another update of your PDF file, here are some comments:

1. "The River" box: the left-hand side "B" part is too big. Easy enough to fix by cutting off a piece, but still.

2. "Scoring Tiles" box: did the regular addon that came with these tiles have a smaller number? Big Box 5 has 8 scoring tiles. I could only comfortably fit in 6. I also have one extra starting tile I'd like to put in there (the Big Box 5 schematic grouped them together, see:
), so ideally I'd need a box of size 9.

3. Boxes for The Wheel of Fortune expansion would be nice to have. The addon itself has 12 tiles, so I re-used The River box, plus the base game boxes for the base tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
Hi Fabian,

Sorry - I've not been around BGG for a while, so have only just seen your reply! Thanks for the feedback!

In reply to your comments:

1: ok - if I do an update, I'll make sure I sort this

2: yes - I got them with one of the regular expansions, there were only 6 - I guess just one for each colour. No one can score that many points... right?!

3: I'll have to take a look at that - I'm not really aware of what the Wheel of Fortune consists of at all. It looks like the icons made by wamboyil I linked to in the first post here has one for this, so should be doable. The description says it has the 72 tiles, which you mention, but also it says 16 additional tiles for the wheel, not 12? Has your version just got 12?

Cheers,
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thorpe
United Kingdom
Felixstowe
flag msg tools
Hi everyone!

I’m finally working on another update to these boxes, in addition to the couple of issues in my previous post, I’m also now fairly happy with the design of boxes for both Tower and Bridge pieces. There’s also an 8-tile version of the scoring box.

Can anyone clarify the 12 or 16 tile question about Wheel of Fortune? It’s not an expansion I have...

Finally - does anyone else have anything that they’d like added or think could do with a tweak?

Cheers!
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.