James Rodeman
msg tools
I posted these cards on here a little while ago and I got some great feedback. After tweaking the cards we are back with our, hopefully better, house cards for the 9 player thrones.

First off my friends and I did not create our own board, we are using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-tUFbSCCXE
It has been posted in this website a couple of times with a couple different versions of it. We chose this version of it because it seemed the most balanced to us.

After looking through the existing house cards that are available we decided that we were going to set out to make our own. So without any more talking here they are.
http://imgur.com/a/vlklN

I have done a write up on a previous thread so I will not go into as much detail but I will address some things.

- The new Arryn deck we designed to work similarly to the Stark and Lannister decks. We felt both of those decks were good at killing opponents. Lannisters have the biggest kill card in the game, and the Starks can potentially fight every other battle with Eddard. So we decided to give the Arryns a lot of swords on their highest cards. Lysa is supposed to be a pretty bad card, but we did give her a high reward for winning. If you want to toss her and see your better 4 and 1 cool, if you want to try to win with her we tried to make the win worth it. She will give you some power tokens to help buff your bidding or your littlefinger card. Lastly we understand that in a game where people need power tokens maybe Littlefinger could be too much of a drain on your supply. We did not want to make another Arryn deck around powertokens either so Ser Harry will help mitigate your lower bids in a rather interesting way. Maybe you payed a little to much using your littlefinger card and then a bidding came up and you did not get as high on the influence tracks as you needed, now Ser Harry can help you out.

- The Targs we tried to model after the Greyjoy and Baratheon deck. We buffed Barry the Bold so that now he is a bit scarier. We also changed Daario so that he can force enemy units into turning their cloak. If Daario takes the last enemy unit in a certain area the battle still continues, much like the Mace Tyrell card. Both of these two cards will help the Targs on sea and land. We gave the Targs a strong deck, and we feel it will be easy for them to win battles but hard to kill units much like the Baratheon deck.

-Finally the Tully deck got nerfed a bit. We understood that they have a very difficult time in this game, but that is also why they need to make truces and allies. We did not think it would be fair to buff their deck to the point of them simply steam rolling another house. If any player in this game gets teamed up on then they should loose, and Tullys should be no exception to that rule. They do, however, still have a very strong hand. The Blackfish is a 3 that you can use over and over, but if he is your last card he must move into your discard pile before you get your hand back. Jason is a very strong 1, any attack, defense, or support order token that helps your side of combat gives him another +1 to strength. Any order tokens helping your enemies do not help him. Finally Walder will steal text abilities. For a card like Davos, Walder will steal the ability but it still activates only on a discarded Stannis card. For our own house rules we decided that any card that says immediately is trumped by Walder and the use of immediately on his card, so Walder trumps Mace Tyrell and any other card like that.

Let us know what you think. We are very curious about your concerns of balance and the like. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Oliveira
msg tools
I like your tweaks very much. They all seem to have been very thought through. I also like a lot of the pictures you used. The bad thing is that I don't think I will ever be able to gather 9 people to play. Also, the other houses I suppose use the core cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rodeman
msg tools
Correct, these were made with the second edition standard cards in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Oliveira
msg tools
How did you replicate the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi Rissanen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey!

I recently made the 7th player House Arryn extension to the vanilla 2ed gameboard. I thought that I would make an alternate deck for Arryn, seeing that the FFC deck is maybe more suitable for the 4 player scenario.

I started looking around some inspirations from other peoples work on Arryn house cards and made up my own based much on your version!

This is still the first version for the deck and I am open for any comments, advice and suggestions about the cards. Mainly with balance issues and such. All ideas are welcome!

As an introduction I based idea and theme of the deck much on the book characters and their actions. Since the death of Jon Arryn his heir Robert Arryn is the center of House Arryn and the Vale lords. I wanted to give the players a choice whether to keep Robert "alive" in your hand gaining strong defensive capabilities from Lysa who is obsessed on the boy's safety. laugh

If you decide to toss Robert aside, then the probable heir to the Arryn seat is Harrold Hardyng, dubbed "Harry the Heir" gains power and viceversa Lysa loses her power. Internal politics of the Vale come in hand here also when Lysa mainly concerning of Robert's life wants Vale to stay out of the war of five Kings and. Viceversa when Robert and Lysa gone Harry the Heir presumably wants Vale to extend its power over other areas.

As for other cards, I wanted to Lyn Corbray to keep his swords, because of Lady Forlorn. Bronze Yohn is still the most powerfull captain of the Arryn forces. Im not sure if its too much to give him sword or fort icon.

Littlefingers ability is still a big questionmark and how it will play, but I wanted him to play some part on the influence tracks because of his schemes. Maybe it would be too much to give him a ability based on Robert Arryn card also.

Comment and write suggestions if you think of any!

heres the cards, graphics may still change dont know yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q51fx9edtwxxi8/Arryn%20wip%20HC.p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cary Almas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
What's the best way to get these printed and feeling like the cards from the game ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Oliveira
msg tools
I recommend ordering from MakePlayingCards dot com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.