Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a glowing review from my boss today along with a pay raise. Here are some expansions I've had my eye on. Which one? If your vote comes with a reason, let me know in the thread!
Poll
Which expansion?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
7 Wonders: Leaders
21.1% 12
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 – India & Switzerland
28.1% 16
Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Quest
1.8% 1
Suburbia Inc
35.1% 20
Last Will: Getting Sacked
14.0% 8
Voters 57
This poll is now closed.   57 answers
Poll created by chopkins828
Closes: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just wanted to add that the reason I picked ticket to ride is because the other games play so well by themselves but after awhile you def need a new map for TTR. All of those add-ons would be well worth it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A glowing review from your boss? A raise? Don't you think you deserve to get them all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
A glowing review from your boss? A raise? Don't you think you deserve to get them all?

Well, obviously. But what I deserve and what's in the budget are often at odds. Plus, if I was going to spend that much, I'd probably just get a whole new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:
just wanted to add that the reason I picked ticket to ride is because the other games play so well by themselves but after awhile you def need a new map for TTR. All of those add-ons would be well worth it though.

Thanks! I guess I should add that I have the Asia map pack for TTR. I don't have expansions for any of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Pay raise is not in my employer's vocabulary. Production raise, quota raise, raise concern, raise suspicion and other variations are however. Ticket to ride gets my vote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A huge +1 for Suburbia Inc!!! I don't always play with the other expansions listed, but we don't play Suburbia without this expansion anymore. A must-have in my opinion.

Congratulations and enjoy your new expansion, whatever you end up choosing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
This is after you take your spouse out for a nice dinner to celebrate, right?

(My wife has put up with her fair share of me having a bad day/week/month/job, so I make it a habit to share the rewards as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though I like 7 Wonders better, Suburbia Inc. adds the most to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nimrod Becker
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TTR new maps!

I only have the US one, but I want to play on new maps, which more interesting stuff (like bridges etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input everyone! I ended up going with Last Will: Getting Sacked, because I always pick 4th place I have had my eye on it a little longer, and because I'm the kind of weirdo that finds pleasure in rewarding himself for a good review with a game that encourages you to try to lose your job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the Last Will expansion is particularly great, but that kind of makes it the perfect thing to splurge on! Especially considering the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.