Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
101 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Runebound (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Are you going to sell your 2nd edition if it's confirmed that a 3rd edition will be released? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On one hand, I love my complete 2nd edition. But what if the 3rd edition surpasses it? I'll be stuck with a game that I don't play, that sells for a fraction of what it does now. Right now a complete 2nd edition sells for a VERY nice sum on Ebay. The Midnight expansion alone sells for hundreds...

2nd Edition owners, are you going to sell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why didn't you buy a first edition?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Why didn't you buy a first edition?

B>

I did. Sold it when the 2nd edition came out, hence the post...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boogalou wrote:
I'll be stuck with a game that I don't play, that sells for a fraction of what it does now.

I'd expect this to come true pretty much as soon as a 3rd edition is announced - you won't even have to wait to see if it surpasses the 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Cervantes
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Under no circumstance will I sell my 2nd edition. If 3rd comes out I don't see why my shelf can not support both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ll think about that when a 3rd Edition will be announced.

I have each and every expansion for the 2nd Edition that ever came out and that is a good feeling - so i will think more then twice about selling anything from that cool

BTW i also have all the stuff from Descent 1st and 2nd Edition - and lots of other games... i love my collection, but running low on storage room now cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy with what I have of the 2nd edition, hoping if the 3rd gets announced, people jumping on that bandwagon sell off their 2nd ed stuff for cheap. But won't be grabbing 3rd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it would depend in how far the new changes are adaptalble to the second edition and how much those new rules are really needed. If they adress the probs the owner has with the game

me personally I doubt I would sell my second edition stuff just because it was hard work getting the things i have.

still missing a few pieces but guessing I have enough to keep me happy for the coming years.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would but I have no box top.............

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell no!devil

I love my 2nd edition, and with all the unplayed card expansions I have, I don't see ever tiring of playing it or new play variety with it.

If 3rd ed. is very different and gets very good reviews - I might consider buying it in ADDITION. But, I rarely do that with a game (Mission: Red Planet (Second Edition) and Carcassonne: Winter Edition are notable exceptions). I only do that with games I really love, my all-time favorites. Which, RB is, but as much as a money pit that RB is with all its expansions, 3rd ed would have to be both really different and really exceptional to buy that too.

Mostly, I'm just happy RB will be available to people to buy again, without inflated OOP prices. Hopefully they will get to enjoy a similar experience that I've enjoyed with 2nd ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess not. I'm not even sure if I would buy a 3rd edition.

E.g., I never looked at Descent 2.0, totally happy with my 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect and hope that a 3rd edition of rune bound will be a pretty different game. As far as I know, Martin Wallace will not be involved and I think FF will keep the theme but hopefully try and do something new and fresh with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a complete 2nd edition of Runebound and I'm going to keep it even after 3rd edition comes, that's for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
I expect and hope that a 3rd edition of rune bound will be a pretty different game. As far as I know, Martin Wallace will not be involved and I think FF will keep the theme but hopefully try and do something new and fresh with it.

Pretty much this, I also expect the 3rd edition to be quite a bit different. For us Runebound fills a very small niche in our collection, which only Runebound can fill. And I suspect it will keep on filling that spot until the end of times, since Runebound is a unique game with some mechanics I do not expect any modern game to incorporate anymore.

Besides, there is so much content we still haven't fully explored or even played with at all yet. So no, our (complete) Runebound collection will stay and still be treasured
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will depend on how different of a game 3rd edition is (if there is a 3rd edition). If it's just a tweaked second edition, maybe. If it's unrecognizable, definitely not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
Norway
BERGEN
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:
For us Runebound fills a very small niche in our collection, which only Runebound can fill. And I suspect it will keep on filling that spot until the end of times, since Runebound is a unique game with some mechanics I do not expect any modern game to incorporate anymore.

This summarizes my viewpoint as well. I thought about selling my complete 2nd edition awhile back but then stopped because I wouldn't have it anymore and I still enjoy it. If 3rd edition become reality and it is really god I will consider adding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
It will depend on how different of a game 3rd edition is (if there is a 3rd edition). If it's just a tweaked second edition, maybe. If it's unrecognizable, definitely not.

Same here. I'd only swap if 3rd was exactly like 2nd, but 'fixed' and with a bit more meat (focus on quests and more diverse character customization). Even then, I might not get rid of 2nd. My board game collection isn't so big that I need to cull them yet.

Still, if there is a 3rd edition, fingers crossed that it's finally the holy grail of adventure board games. Exploration, quests, diverse character development, meaty combat, strong story, cool items and powerful allies (but still able to go lone wolf), and solitaire rules. That's the kind of stuff I want, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edwards
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Coming in hot!
badge
Use the force....
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I'd just grab the couple of expansions I'm missing (Sands of Al-Kalim and Isle of Dread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. No I won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing what they did with Arkham Horror 2.0 (Eldritch Horror), I'll take a wait and see approach. It's not so much that they *fix* a game with another edition, it's more like they *change* the game.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
Seeing what they did with Arkham Horror 2.0 (Eldritch Horror), I'll take a wait and see approach. It's not so much that they *fix* a game with another edition, it's more like they *change* the game.

Jorune

Worth pointing out that Eldritch Horror was not intended to be a new edition of AH. It was based on AH's rules, but was designed to be a different game. I wouldn't expect a new edition of something to typically be as drastically different as those two games are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want Runebound to be more complicated and longer than it is. I want multiple boards (dungeon crawling adventures!). I want 7 phases of combat. I want the encounters to have their own random allies and weapons.

Although I don't think I'm going to get any of these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never say never, of course, but my Runebound 2nd edition collection has too many great memories for me to ever sell. The maps alone are pure awesome, the mix-and-match card packs are fantastic, and it has provided me with my best solitaire gaming experiences. Every BGGeek probably has "that game" that is the bedrock for their gaming pyramid. Runebound 2nd ed. is that game for me. I don't rate it the highest of my games, but I'd probably get rid of it last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
I want Runebound to be more complicated and longer than it is. I want multiple boards (dungeon crawling adventures!). I want 7 phases of combat. I want the encounters to have their own random allies and weapons.

Although I don't think I'm going to get any of these.

Sounds like any variety of tabletop RPG laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Runebound 2nd Ed, one small expansion, and one large expansion. I like Runebound quite a bit, but that little bit has done me for years and gives me all the Runebound I need. So no, I won't be selling off--and unless 3rd edition is some sort of massive home-run in terms of the inevitable redesign, I won't be buying in to 3rd edition, either.

(If you'd seen the new "art" for Fury of Dracula's upcoming revised reprint that's since been pulled offline, you'd understand my hesitation.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.