Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bruce
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question really only applies to Relentless enemies I think, since when an encounter ends the Enemy Focus tracks are reset to 0 and is usually that until the next encounter.

However if there are relentless enemies, you can still have some fighting to do. If you stay in the same location, you will spend a turn (or more) fighting those enemies without an active encounter being present.

Since nothing in the rules says the location does not become safe when the encounter ends, I assume it does become safe and therefore no new encounters will be drawn each turn.

During these turns when no encounter is in play, your enemy focus could go up. I just had a solo game where I hit 8 focus finishing the last relentless enemy.

I spent a turn resting but nothing about the rest rules says to reset enemy focus. Accordingly I began the next encounter with 8 focus. Is this correct?

Logically one might think that when resting, enemy focus should reset to starting levels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
On the forum the question about resting was already asked somewhere. The official answer from the designer was that after an encounter the focus ist reset to its starting value (i.e. NOT zero, but given starting value marked on a player's board)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going into a new Encounter with some Focus is part of the price paid for not dealing with Relentless Enemies during the Encounter (not to mention that there is no resting as long as Enemies are in play).

Hope this helps.

Edit: so, while you reset after the Encounter, whatever you gain afterwards stays on your Enemy Focus track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I was wondering the same thing.

But I think the enemy focus stays up. Then when the next encounter comes along all the enemies get divided according to each heroes enemy focus. Thus reducing your enemy focus down quite a bit.

If it does go down during rest and no encounter times, that would be great. Certainly would make it a bit easier.
Although I did just win my first game.. and I think I played all the rules correctly.

Do let us know though, I'm certainly not 100% on all the rules as I found out several times.

Edit

Looks like someone answered already. Very quick. and the designer, answers in 10 minutes or less, very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to understand this correctly:

Your focus is only reset when the encounter ends (and not when resting), if you are fighting relentless enemies afterwards, the focus stays on it's current value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or is it that it gets reset at the end of the Encounter but can increase again while fighting the Relentless enemies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
Or is it that it gets reset at the end of the Encounter but can increase again while fighting the Relentless enemies?

Exactly what the Designer, Błażej said 4 posts back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.