Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » News

Subject: Any word? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Evans

Oregon
msg tools
mb
Wondering if there are any updates on shipments for pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt MacEachern
United States
Phoenix
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My card has been charged...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waltermac wrote:
My card has been charged...
Mine has not, because it was changed by the issuing bank. I received two invoices (one for the solo and one for the firefight generator) both stating that they would ship with the other and both charging shipping.

I have tried to contact Academy Games three different times, with no response. Once through the old website, once through the new website (which is sort of a joke because it dies not work) and once via email. I do get periodic updates, but I do not know if my new card will be charged, nor how much.

So, I may get them, I probably will not. It is a tad on the frustrating side. I like the game, want to support it, but appear to be shut out.

Sorry for my rant.:frustrated:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Sword, Board and Pen
badge
Hey! I run a board game blog at swordboardandpen.com! Come check it out!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the initial invoice (before things were charged) but my card hasn't been charged yet...hrmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Uwe posted dock delays in shipment, somewhere on BGG yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I replied to the invoice email and got a response within a couple hours.

Uwe posted a means to follow the ship. I assume it has not arrived yet. Since they said shipment from Academy would be in August, I wouldn't expect much 'til then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delays are bound to happen when using the slow boat from China. I'm still waiting on the arrival of the most recent games so I can place an order.
Perhaps air delivery would be a better option in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My card hasn't been charged, and when I asked why I was told that the shipment had been delayed, and the game had just been shipped to Europe. This was 8 days ago. I was also told that the game would be shipped to me from Germany in august. Since they hadn't charged me yet, they wanted to wait until they were closer to shipping. I think that's a decent way for them to handle it. Things seem to be moving in the right direction, and the delays are probably not Academy Games' fault this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received an invoice a couple of days ago with no charge yet. I had already pre-ordered from another source a couple of weeks back though to fill out order, so I cancelled with Academy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no message received from AG here.
Hopefuly I wont be forgotten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H.
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After pre-ordering, I called Academy today and spoke with Uwe's wife. She said shipping should be close to mid-August, after their shows (forget which one[s]). She was processing pre-orders as we spoke, including mine.

Anyone who is paying by PayPal should receive an initial invoice, like I did today, and it will be followed up with a PayPal invoice. I was told my Paypal invoice would probably arrive next week.

That's about all I know but it sounded like very good news to me!

Below is a clipping from the email I received after my conversation with Kari (she's very pleasant, btw). I hope she doesn't mind me posting this, but I know we're all excited and anxious to receive our orders, and I thought this might shed a little light.

"Please review the attached invoice and notify us immediately if any changes are necessary or if you would like to add any of our other games or products to your pre-order.

We expect to begin shipping both expansions in August and wil begin processing payments on July 27 in preparation for shipping. We will send a PayPal invoice to you and after we receive your payment, we will apply it to this invoice."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the invoice first week in July and had no issues getting hold of AG for some minor changes. Card not charged yet though, and shipping will be to Sweden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Goodman
Canada
flag msg tools
maedhros wrote:
no message received from AG here.
Hopefuly I wont be forgotten.

I just received mine. (Academy Games posted a while ago that they were having trouble getting through the backlog.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! That's two copies arrived in Canada. It's a start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
Great! That's two copies arrived in Canada. It's a start.

I think they're referring to invoices, not actual copies of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
James is correct, only invoices have been sent.

The games have been on the ocean for two weeks. There had been a slight delay in shipping again, since we made the printer check the card decks to make sure that a card mis-packaging error in 3 sample games we had received had been corrected.

The container ship will arrive August 3rd in Vancouver. The container then gets shipped via rail to Cleveland, where it goes through customs. We then have the games shipped to our warehouse.

We expect to begin shipping to:
USA customers August 12th
Canadian customers August 19th (Shipping from Toronto)
European customers August 26th (Shipping from Germany)

Appreciate your support and patience.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Stoddart
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
When will orders ship to New Zealand and from where? Still awaiting my invoice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So will you have any copies we can pickup at GenCon in Indy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mentioned it earlier.

These days it is faster to fly to Pluto than waiting for the solo expansion of Conflict of Heroes.

Apparently to view The Western Front equivalent it will be better to freeze you in as it is a kind of inter galactic time travel experience.

I guess my grand grand grand children will be finally able to play the Belgians in the 1940 campaigns by 2110. Well we don't have a choice really. ASL solo is too cumbersome for my old brains and CC - to me - is as realistic as infantry only with parachutes dropping in on a firefight above your head...

Waiting for this God send WW2 SOLO game is torture really.

They should stop with water boarding: just promiss the last expansion of CoH on the Academy Games website: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
James is correct, only invoices have been sent.

The games have been on the ocean for two weeks. There had been a slight delay in shipping again, since we made the printer check the card decks to make sure that a card mis-packaging error in 3 sample games we had received had been corrected.

The container ship will arrive August 3rd in Vancouver. The container then gets shipped via rail to Cleveland, where it goes through customs. We then have the games shipped to our warehouse.

We expect to begin shipping to:
USA customers August 12th
Canadian customers August 19th (Shipping from Toronto)
European customers August 26th (Shipping from Germany)

Appreciate your support and patience.
Uwe

This is why the slight increase in cost for printing in the US is a better overall business proposition. You have more control on the process, faster turn around times and typically you do not have to pay in full before you get the product on the manufacturing side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up copies of both Solo and FFG at Gencon, so should be around soon.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
American Printing:

A few years ago, we printed all of our product in the USA. But the quality was mediocre. We cannot accept Monopoly Games style quality. Our customers expect 2.5mm thick counters, maps that do not warp, materials that do not disintegrate when moist, etc.

At GenCon, we had meetings with two new USA based printers and hope to receive samples. If acceptable, we will have a game print run produced by them.

USA printing is less expensive that German and China printing, plus we do not have to pay for and wait for overseas freight.

So the ONLY reason we print in China and German is for quality reasons, never cost reasons.

Sincerely,
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomorrow? Please???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.