Popular Tags: [View All]
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hey guys, other than here, where else online do you go to talk about Werewolf/Mafia?

I am totally addicted to this game, I take it with me and play it at all my family get-togethers, parties and comic cons.

thanks

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also talk about it where we play, which is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see you in a game. It's a little different experience online, but also fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are other sites online but this is my WW home so this is the only place online i play it or talk about it.

It sounds like you really enjoy ww. come and play with us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we don't bite.

Except for the wolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'll try, but I'll be honest the one time I played online here, people said I was acting like a werewolf, and I didn't quite get how it works, there's no tells or personal cues that I can use to see if people are telling the truth. it was hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greegan wrote:
I'll try, but I'll be honest the one time I played online here, people said I was acting like a werewolf, and I didn't quite get how it works, there's no tells or personal cues that I can use to see if people are telling the truth. it was hard.

It is very different than in person so it might take a few games to get the flow of it a bit.

Also, it will take a few games for people to level set with you too. I'd give it another shot if you're up for it. if you are very used to f2f this can actually seem like a completely different game at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
greegan wrote:

I don't disagree that it's hard, I do disagree that there are no tells or personal cues. They're there, but yeah, it's so different to pick them up based on text alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
greegan wrote:

this sounds like something a wolf would say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote greegan]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
greegan, is there a particular role-set you'd be interested in trying in this format? maybe having a familiar role-set will give you a certain level of comfort that'll help ease you in.

i feel like a drug dealer. just a little bump, greeg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the original question, I know of multiple other sites where people play (and some of us occasionally play on others), but I'd say there's more active talk about the game here. YMMV. Even if you don't want to join a game, feel free to join the discussion in the game development/planning, chit-chat, and myriad other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'd like to mention from personal experience that it can take a few games before people get to know you and you live longer. It's really not that people are unfriendly or only capable of thinking one way, and we always appreciate fresh perspectives on the game. Online is quite fun, but it's almost impossible to bring skills from face-to-face to online play. The skills required are simply very different.

I'm one a few people who was at one time known for being mislynched a ton, so as I said, I feel you.

It also can't hurt to shop around and try other sites. Some you might try are POG (on 2+2), DailyMafia, and Mafiascum. I think you'll find, however, that BGGers are the nicest people around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you are looking for a game here, I recommend a Vanilla 13er. The roleset is about as simple as it gets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greegan wrote:
Hey guys, other than here, where else online do you go to talk about Werewolf/Mafia?

I am totally addicted to this game, I take it with me and play it at all my family get-togethers, parties and comic cons.

thanks

Andy

I know where. I know a lot of wheres. For what kind of where are you looking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think MD1616 listed most places I know, but there's sometimes some general werewolf discussion at the forums for the generic Werewolf/Mafia entry in Bgg: /forum/3271/werewolf/general
The game family page seems pretty empty discussion-wise:
/boardgamefamily/2989/werewolf-mafia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Salazar
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I just created this place on Reddit.

So there's another place to chat and share about werewolf!

feel free to make it a home.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WerewolfGaming/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.