Subject: "Astrotrain, transform and get us out of here...." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gone Surfing
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This may have been pointed out already but with 43 forum pages I haven't found it yet; does anyone else find themselves calling their Scouts "Astrotrain" with the resemblance between them and the G1 transformer....?

Takes me back to Saturday mornings watching robots smash each other to pieces then finding out the toys did a remarkable job of replicating that by also breaking into many pieces.

Absolutely loving this game. I'm a big fan of deckbuilders and can't believe how much of one they've crammed into such a tiny box. Hats off to the designers, it's a remarkable game and highly addictive. I've even got the web app, which is something I never do as I generally prefer the tactile feel of actual cards and pieces, but this one is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
No, but I refer to the Explorers as "Exploders", you purchase them and promptly blow them up when they come into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
No, but I refer to the Explorers as "Exploders", you purchase them and promptly blow them up when they come into play.

Now THAT'S funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:

I'm going to have to steal that name. Very fitting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone Surfing
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:

Ha, brilliant, I'm going to appropriate that one as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
What's Transformers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cylon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are not alone in thinking that. Also when I was a kid I asked for a Starscream and got Astrotrain instead so now I scrap scouts first no matter what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terra Nystrom
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whenever I say that I want to play this game I call it "Star Blazers" instead of "Star Realms".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glad to see someone does that. Exploders don't last long in my deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helljin wrote:

Hehe, my partner and I do exactly the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.