Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not seen any reviews yet for new OLGS Quiche Games, thought I would post my first experience. They opened in May of this year. (quichegames.com)

1. Prices
A+. Currently, at least, they are amongst the lowest prices of all OLGS in Canada. This includes in most cases matching and often beating prices from 401, Greatboardgames, Bliss, Meeple, etc. Will the low prices continue? Naturally, one would hope so.

2. Service
A+. I contacted them via their Facebook page regarding a slight tax issue for residents in my province. They were in constant communication and ended up making the appropriate change. Polite, courteous, responsive, all around excellent.

3. Shipping
A+. Fast, properly boxed, no issues here. Additionally they have free shipping over $100 purchase, lower than the other major OLGSs in Canada.

4. Selection
B. They are new, so they do not have everything... yet. But I can see by checking their updates that they are constantly adding new games weekly, specifically focusing on new games, but older titles being added as well. They can't yet come close to the other OLGS in this department, but they appear to be making good progress for a newer site. Stock is currently only a couple per game, but that's likely due to them not being busy enough yet to warrant stocking multiples.

5. Other
B. They appear to offer $10 shipping to both Canada and USA, so they may appeal to USA customers too though I can't comment on them versus CSI and whatnot. The site layout is pretty decent, though as time goes on it'd be nice if they added different search options. They also appear to do occasional written game reviews. Who knows maybe they'll add video reviews and other things in the future. The right attitude appears to be there for such a new site. I suggest checking them out.

Overall, very good, have already added them to my list of go-to retailers. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for this. Some very good prices indeed. Also, free hand delivery in Toronto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You damned Torontonians have all the best game stores! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Trevor03 wrote:
You damned Torontonians have all the best game stores! cry

Have pity on them. They need to live in Toronto to get them. *shudders*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor03 wrote:

3. Shipping
A+. Fast, properly boxed, no issues here. Additionally they have a $100 minimum shipping charge, lower than the other major OLGSs in Canada.

You mean a $100 to get free shipping right? The way it's worded makes it sound like you need to spend $100 minimum to place an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Trevor03 wrote:

3. Shipping
A+. Fast, properly boxed, no issues here. Additionally they have a $100 minimum shipping charge, lower than the other major OLGSs in Canada.

You mean a $100 to get free shipping right? The way it's worded makes it sound like you need to spend $100 minimum to place an order.
Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manjula Guneratne
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the post. Didn't know about the store until now. Will definitely check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cassidy
Canada
West Kelowna
British Columbia (BC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for posting, Trevor!

Somehow I missed information about these guys when they followed us on Twitter. I regret not chatting with them sooner.

I really like what they are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caryl Tan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow, thank you so much for the review, Trevor! It's greatly appreciated we're all ears when it comes to how to improve the site and our selection. Our intention is definitely to keep our prices as low as possible. If you find another canadian retailer with a lower price than what we have, a price match is never out of the question.

As for the site layout and actual UX of finding everything on the site, we have plans to organize our games much better rather than by release and one clumped up collection. It's a great critique you pointed out and one we're already working on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QuicheGames wrote:
Wow, thank you so much for the review, Trevor! It's greatly appreciated we're all ears when it comes to how to improve the site and our selection. Our intention is definitely to keep our prices as low as possible. If you find another canadian retailer with a lower price than what we have, a price match is never out of the question.

As for the site layout and actual UX of finding everything on the site, we have plans to organize our games much better rather than by release and one clumped up collection. It's a great critique you pointed out and one we're already working on

I've created an account but can't seen an option to build a "wishlist" at all. I would recommend adding that feature to your site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caryl Tan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I've created an account but can't seen an option to build a "wishlist" at all. I would recommend adding that feature to your site.

Thanks for the feedback! It's another thing we're working on and will definitely have in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valencia Victorious Von Verrata is the
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Cursed be and eternally damned those who would steal the games of the wizardinwhite
mbmbmbmbmb
Look out Greatgames and Meeps! Da Competition is on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bionic badger
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up about this site. Looks good for what they have in stock, but they are missing a whole lot of stuff. I hope they add more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.