Subject: Priests at start game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dagmar
Netherlands
Voorhout
flag msg tools
badge
Goedemorgen! Guten Morgen! Bonjour! Good Morning! Buenes Dìas! God Morgon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am a bit confused, can I use the seven priest immedeately or are they part of my supply and do I need to earn them first.

Thanks for helping me out!
Dagmar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to earn them first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You start without any priests (unless you are playing the Darklings, in which case, as indicated on your player board, you start with 1). The remaining 7 (6, in the case of the Darklings) start off in your supply of priests - they can be gained later in the game, but you don't have access to them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dagmar
Netherlands
Voorhout
flag msg tools
badge
Goedemorgen! Guten Morgen! Bonjour! Good Morning! Buenes Dìas! God Morgon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that was quick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
For most factions, priests can have three states:
1) on the player board: gained as start income (Darklings), as normal income, from a power action, from a town tile, by direct power conversion
2) on the cult board: placed there by the player
3) in the supply: that's where the 7 priests start (6 for the Darklings) and where they go when a priest from the player board is used for advancing dig or ship or for just 1 step on the cult board or for a direct conversion to worker/coin; the number of priests in the supply limits the number of priests which can be moved to the player board, so when there's no priest in the supply, none of the gain methods mentioned in 1) results in an actual gain.

However, there's a special case: Riverwalkers. They start with 6 priests on their terrain wheel where they cover terrains not yet available to the Riverwalkers. This is a fourth state a priest can be in, and Riverwalkers start with just one priest in their supply. A priest gained can be used to unlock a terrain, which means moving the priest covering that terrain from the wheel to the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
1) on the player board: gained as start income (Darklings), as normal income, from a power action, from a town tile, by direct power conversion

...also by the darkling conversion ('Ordination of Priests', 3workers >> 3 priests) when building the stronghold and by a round bonus (4 on the blue cult >> 1 priest) to complete that list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.