Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going through the BRPD and Thule decks in the Hellboy collection, and noticed that the Thule deck had less locations and equipment cards, I guess not a huge deal (I've read they were pretty well balanced decks, especially for casual play against each other, but I have not tried them yet).

However, one thing I noticed was that Cavendish Hall was a "Team Up" Location, but how would it ever come into use with a Thule deck? It's ability is useless in that set with the pre-built decks.

I am guessing it is just there in case you want to deck build a single deck out of those cards, and crossover BRPD and Thule?

The locations definitely provide more advantage in the BRPD deck as they are built...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's there for constructed games using both teams in one deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember the wording exactly, but I recall being able to "team-up" within the Thule Society faction without any BPRD cards in order to use one of the Rasputins I think. Or maybe Ragnarok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm.. I'll have to look over the cards again, I don't remember anything BRPD specific with any cards in the Thule deck, maybe I missed something on Rasputin or Ragnarok.

Thanks for the responses! My daughter and I are going to try these decks as soon as my order of sleeves arrives!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a card that says "when a BPRD character is KO'd" or something like that, so if you aren't playing those two decks against each other, it would be impossible to use it without being able to team up within your faction and KO/stun your own "BPRD" characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.