Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Gabelman
United States
University Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this game, I really do, but I'm looking for something I might like better. I like the resistance, except I don't like how the first round goes. I think Battlestar Galactica overstayed his welcome by about 2 hours. I like the resistance, except I don't like how the first round goes. I think battlestar galactica overstays its welcome by about 2 hours. I'm looking for a fun, social deception game for a group up to 10-15 ppl. Didn't like shadow hunters either.

Good cop bad cop sounds interesting as does one night resistance (don't think it's out yet).

Regular werewolf is okay, but ideally there's a recommendation with no player elimination.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa N
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One that my group really loves is Spyfall. It *technically* only goes up to 8 people, but I made a print and play version (super cheap just print on a bunch of business cards), and that way you can add as many people are you like. Basically everyone is given a location, and one person (the spy) doesn't know where everyone else is. It's hilarious and I really enjoy it.

Another one is Two Rooms and a Boom, which is definitely fun in big groups but requires a big enough space for you to separate into two groups (and not be able to see/hear each other.)

Coup is pretty fun too and with the expansion I think it plays up to 8 or 10... I forget. It is player elimination, but each game is pretty fast that the wait time isn't too painful.

If you like Resistance, maybe try some of the expansions? Both expansions change the gameplay up a bit which might help... but I'm not sure if it'll affect the first round mechanics much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gabelman
United States
University Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spyfall is a great choice! I also did the print and play, and find it great. I never liked coup, too light for me.

2 rooms and a boom sounds interesting. I thought it was only REALLY good work 15+ people. More of a convention game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Other than One Night Werewolf.... how about One Night Ultimate Werewolf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Moon, Shadows over Camelot and Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game are all traitor based coop games. They all should clock in under the 2 hr mark, so you won't have the same problems as BSG. Dark Moon was originally BSG express, and lasts only about an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.