Subject: Placing troughs in buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tor H. Eriksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahoy,

I was playing ACBaS with my wife the other day, and we came to discussing whether it is possible to first build a building and thereafter placing a feeding trough in it.

As is stated by the rules; "You can add them [the feeding troughs] to any farm space without feeding troughs yet." In my opinion, farm spaces are spaces without buildings on them yet.

However, the rules contains an image of the Cottage with the feeding trough added to it.

Could the feeding troughs be added to any building (but of course useless within the Storage Building) or is it limited to pastures, stables and stalls only?

Thank you in advance for your replies and happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting to me. I've only played assuming they can be built to pasture (open or fenced in). This would dramatically change the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Played last night and we used troughs in buildings. Don't know any official ruling though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yes, you can either build the building first then place a feeding trough or place a feeding trough and then build a building. Read the entire "Keeping Animals With Feeding Troughs" section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, troughs can be built on a building space, or vice versa, buildings can be built on top of troughs. Troughs double the amount of animals the building can hold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules are pretty clear to me:

Quote:
Feeding troughs double the animal number that can be
kept both in pastures as well as in buildings.

Quote:
You are allowed to build a stall or other building on a
space with a pre-existing feeding trough. In that case
the feeding trough remains but again has a new effect.

You can add a feeding trough to any building and you can add a building to a space with a feeding trough. I don't see anything that restricts it to certain buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.