Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, Broke this game out again, and totally sucked at it! Been too long since I've played it.

Anyway, I've been playing the Blitz Conquest solo (per .... someone's advice - faster game and get to see how the characters work.) Anyone, in comparing my scores jotted on my piece of paper, I can't remember HOW to score a scenario. Do you use the Solo Scoring rules found under the official Solo Conquest? Or just the standard scoring without the titles, if playing a different scenario solo?

Also, do you necessarily LOSE the scenario if you don't accomplish the "scenario ends" rules? For example, in Blitz Conquest the scenario ends when you've defeated both Level 3 cities. However, I have yet to get even close to it. So, if I'm looking towards scoring, does that mean I've technically LOST the scenario, or is it just an guideline if you get that far?

Man, it's such a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solo Scoring - which version?
Lhowser wrote:
Do you use the Solo Scoring rules found under the official Solo Conquest? Or just the standard scoring without the titles, if playing a different scenario solo?
Each scenario tells the scoring system. For the solo conquest (or Blitz version), it is summarized in a site card. I think that both things (Solo scoring rules and standard scoring without titles) are the same, right?

Quote:
Also, do you necessarily LOSE the scenario if you don't accomplish the "scenario ends" rules? For example, in Blitz Conquest the scenario ends when you've defeated both Level 3 cities. However, I have yet to get even close to it. So, if I'm looking towards scoring, does that mean I've technically LOST the scenario, or is it just an guideline if you get that far?
The goal is to accomplish the objectives, that marks if you "succeed" or "fail". You can compute you score in both cases, though.

If you find the objective too hard, you can always lower the city levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Blitz, but I'd score it like the Solo Conquest. (Use the scoring card and I don't give myself any bonus for first in anything, but 2pts/spell, keep, mage tower ... -2 for wounds plus the bonuses for cities and rounds left and all that.

I consider it a loss if I don't accomplish the goal, but I'd still score it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I'm an idiot. This is what happens when you think about a game while driving in your car, and post without consulting the rules. I see the only difference in scoring is in a Conquest scenario, you gain 7 fame for each city you defeated. I'm assuming that's the same whether it's solo'd or not.

This last game, with a randomized board, I got bogged down in swamps, with monsters on all sides, and a hand full of Influence cards.

Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solo Scoring - which version? - ANSWERED
You also don't score any of the bonuses for "most" of anything in solo or coop scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solo Scoring - which version? - ANSWERED
Try my story-driven campaign and you won't have to score at all

Over 150 downloads and still no feedback

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/119221/mk-solo-campaign-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now here I'm over thinking things again....

Conquest scoring says a city leader scores 7 fame.
Solo Scoring says I score 10 for a conquered city.

So, if I'm doing a solo conquest game, do I score 17?(I guess it doesn't matter if I just do it consistently. I just want to do it RIGHT.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:

Actually, I WILL check it out. How perfect do I have to be with the rules? I realized I was making a lot of mistakes this last playthru. I might need to play it a bit more before tackling it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
Ok, now here I'm over thinking things again....

Conquest scoring says a city leader scores 7 fame.
Solo Scoring says I score 10 for a conquered city.

So, if I'm doing a solo conquest game, do I score 17?(I guess it doesn't matter if I just do it consistently. I just want to do it RIGHT.)
Conquest scoring is for competitive conquest; for solo scoring it's 10 points per city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
philmcd wrote:

Actually, I WILL check it out. How perfect do I have to be with the rules? I realized I was making a lot of mistakes this last playthru. I might need to play it a bit more before tackling it.

Well, you need to know the rules, but no-one is going to send you to a penal colony if you make a mistake

It's just a different way of playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
Conquest scoring is for competitive conquest; for solo scoring it's 10 points per city.

Awesome. Thanks for the Clarification.

Guess I better subtract those extra 7 points... *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.