Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ziegreich
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all the games I've played so far, some players ignored the Diplomacy track. They run it down to the bottom, and then massacre natives, etc. without further penalty. Avoiding war (which you can never do 100% anyway) doesn't seem like a strong enough reason to invest in the Diplomacy track.

Would it make sense to impose a penalty on those on the bottom rung who then take actions that would've caused them to move down on that track? E.g. if you're at the bottom of the track already, it costs 1VP every time you do another bad thing. That would, for instance, effectively prevent those at the bottom from declaring war, or massacring natives to suppress unrest. Or simply prohibit such actions outright.

I'd like to hear more experienced players' views on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been discussed a number of times before, usually in the "variants" section I think.

One such discussion which has a couple of interesting ideas (including one the same as yours) is here:-

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1021402/negative-diplom...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.