Hide
9 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Enhanced Character Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herr Terror
msg tools
I combined the upgrade, health, and sanity tokens into the character card with a spinner design:

After a late-night game with lots of whiskey, we decided this game takes TOO LONG to set up and put away. This makes everything easier for us.

Also, I turned the travel tickets into a spinner - no more messing with cumbersome travel tokens:

Here is the link for the .PDFs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2uhW0X6rI0DTVNnNWJpOTk5Wkk...
I'll try to add these to the site soon.

All you need are scissors, hole-punchers, eyelets, and an eyelet hammer/pincers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome idea. I love the game, but the setup time keeps it shelved more than I would like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone at FFG just got fired for missing an opportunity to include dials in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Killer Spaceman wrote:
Someone at FFG just got fired for missing an opportunity to include dials in this game.

I'm glad they didn't. Dials wear out when you play a game often enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clever. I don't find the game too fiddly as is myself, but I love seeing how people trick out their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:
Killer Spaceman wrote:

I'm glad they didn't. Dials wear out when you play a game often enough.

100s of plays of x-wing, and the dials are all fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoundCity wrote:
Awesome idea. I love the game, but the setup time keeps it shelved more than I would like.

My set up only takes 5 minutes or so. It is a question of storing the components after you played your last session.

Cards and tokens are all seperated and so it is only the seeding of the Elder Mythos cards that take 2 minutes.

Frankly for a game that lasts around 3 hours a set up of 5-7 minutes is peanuts.

The Vassal mode only needs the Spell, Condition cards and the Mythos cards at hand, which reduces the time even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Rey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
That is actually a great idea. I love this kind of homebrewed stuff I thought setup took forever too, as did clean-up so I went ahead and made the Eldritch Companion app for Android. Check it out, it might help you set things up faster by eliminating all the decks, save the Mythos and Mystery ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
That's super neat. Left edge is a bit bare though, should've baked the ticket (and a focus one while at it) display into there while you at it instead of making separate wheel - those are never relevantly elsewhere than owned by characters.
Maybe also put a used/ready switch somewhere only for characters with a "once per round" ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.