Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Freilich
United States
Feasterville/Trevose
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reviewing the rules for all of the expansion modules, and there's one thing that I find a bit confusing about the Little Incubus. The rules state that it's appendix nature does not like to play with other expansions. Can anyone explain to me why this is? I understand that it's a pretty powerful effect to be able to control when a nightmare occurs (for a small cost of one or two location cards). What I'm not getting is how this unbalances the other expansions if you use the Little Incubus with them. I can see how it might affect the Dead End cards from Crossroads and Dead Ends, but you can get rid of them fairly easily either way if you choose. I might try to experiment with using the Little Incubus with the expansions just to see how it plays out. Has anyone else tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the LI was not fully play tested with all the other expansions and this is probably why its considered an appendix. I seem to remember Mr Torbey saying this in an interview - he didn't think it would break anything but he was not entirely sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco M
Italy
Schio (VI)
Italy
flag msg tools
Think for example the False Destruction (how does it works if you use the Little incubus?) or the Spinx and the Diver (we don't know if the LI works with the Nightmares you drow whit these cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Freilich
United States
Feasterville/Trevose
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see what you mean about the False Destruction. The rules say to place the Nightmare Card into the Limbo pile after triggering the False Destruction. If you're triggering the Little Incubus the first time...there's not actually a Nightmare card to put into the Limbo pile. I suppose you'd then have to come up with your own rule. Like you have to shuffle the next Nightmare back into the deck instead of discarding it, but that would be a bit fiddly.

The Little Incubus also seems pretty tricky when resolving the Diver cards (I don't have the expansion, but read the rules).

This makes me feel like I should try to work on a variants thread or file with my own ideas for rules when using the Little Incubus with all the expansions. It almost would require it's own rulebook lol.

Thanks for the insight into this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.