12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Suggestions for cool boyfriend games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steph Molloy
Australia
flag msg tools
We play a lot of cards against humanity together, boyfriend also likes his starcraft board game, flux, the resistance, pandemic and similar. Games that can be played with beer after work are always a big hit.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows over Camelot is sort of like the resistance meets pandemic, so that might be good.

Spyfall is popular right now and would be easy to play over beer and is a party style game (meaning there are some similarities to the resistance, and it plays easily like cards against humanity)

If you all are okay stabbing each other in the back, maybe try Cutthroat Caverns, if you want something more silly and less serious but still stabbing each other in the back Munchkin is one of the best selling games and it comes in a ton of different things in case you prefer fantasy, or pirates, or sci-fi, or loads of others.

If you are looking for games that are slightly more thoughtful but still able to be played while not entirely sober, Splendorwould probably work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goodman
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition)
Good Cop Bad Cop
Sheriff of Nottingham
Sentinels of the Multiverse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Steph, are you looking for 2P games or at least games that play well with two?

If so, I just played "Longhorn", a whimsical 2P western-themed cattle rustling game. Light and quick.

Also "Noir" is a small box with a couple different 2P games inside requiring deduction if you are playing the detective, guile if you are playing the murderer.

For more than 2P I am enjoying "Eggs and Empires" and "Sushi Go" (Both light card games). "Coup" is a great game of bluff and deduction.

All are pretty portable, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Molloy
Australia
flag msg tools
At least two!
He works in an office where friday night is board games and scotch night, so ideally something he can take along there and enjoy as a group. I stay home and snooze peacefully!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StephM288 wrote:
At least two!
He works in an office where friday night is board games and scotch night, so ideally something he can take along there and enjoy as a group. I stay home and snooze peacefully!

I edited my response to you above in view of your response. May I also recommend "Dalwhinnie". It's a scotch, not a game :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I, too, am a cool boyfriend. So I thought I might share some of my cool boyfriend wisdom here.

Let's see. One Night Ultimate Werewolf is in the Resistance mold, but takes less time to play. Or Coup, which is actually set in the Resistance universe, and has some similar bluffing and deduction involved. Either would likely be a good fit.

And since there's a coop game there (Pandemic) and they can clearly handle a traitor mechanic, something like Shadows over Camelot or Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game would likely work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red7, just make sure to add in all of the rules.
Lords of Vegas, after work, drinking, Vegas baby.
Frank's Zoo, a game with revolving partners.
Haggis 2-3 player. With Frank's Zoo playing better with 4+, you are basically covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a heading like that, I know there has to be a joke in there somewhere but I just can't find it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow a feel obligated to suggest Funny Friends.
Not sure why, however...cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
He is lucky to have such a supportive girlfriend.

1) Bandu (Canadian rules variant)
2) Camal Up
3) Liars Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caryl Tan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A great game that always goes great in a bar setting or just with drink in hand is Bang The Dice Game. Hidden identites, team based play and quick to play. Our group loves it. Also to consider since he likes Resistance is Coup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.