Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Danila
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game tonight our team found the Transport Craft Bay (TCB) very early. We were racing to the scientists when I lost my companion behind a sliding door. As we continued on split up I wondered what would happen if one of us found the Scientists?

1. Does the TCB card belong to the player that found it?
1a. If it does belong to a person: What happens if the team is split and all members on the team with the TCB card die?

2. Does the team have to be together to escape? Can the cowardly members on one of the teams leave you behind if they have both cards needed to escape?

Luckily we merged back into one team just before we found the Scientists, so it was not an issue. But I still wonder how we should play that should it come up again?

Had a fun time. Thanks for designing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaz56 wrote:
In our game tonight our team found the Transport Craft Bay (TCB) very early. We were racing to the scientists when I lost my companion behind a sliding door. As we continued on split up I wondered what would happen if one of us found the Scientists?

This is a great question! Thanks for bringing it up.

chaz56 wrote:
1. Does the TCB card belong to the player that found it?

Well, it belongs to the *team* that found it. It's not an item one person carries, but a vehicle that you're traveling with.

chaz56 wrote:
1a. If it does belong to a person: What happens if the team is split and all members on the team with the TCB card die?

Well... For consistency's sake, the answer needs to be the same as what would happen if one team had The Escape Shuttle and everyone on that team died, so I'll frame the question that way.

In the world of the game, the team with the vehicle all died (likely at the claws of raptors), leaving the vehicle somewhere on the island – away from the other team. If the living team can find where the dead team was, they'll find the shuttle. Each agent has a triple-encoded two-way headset (as noted in the rules), so it's reasonable to assert that the living team can "home in" on the dead team's headset signals.

Mechanically, the dead team counts as a team of zero. The living team needs to find/rejoin the dead team if they want to find the vehicle. This'll happen if the living team draws another Sliding Wall trap or if they choose to spend one or two (I don't have the rules in front of me) turns on the countdown timer.

chaz56 wrote:
2. Does the team have to be together to escape?

Nope!

chaz56 wrote:
Can the cowardly members on one of the teams leave you behind if they have both cards needed to escape?

Yes. Yes they can... In fact, that's happened to me at least once. To their credit, they did tey to reach me, but they got mauled so badly by a monster that they couldn't continue safely without time running out.

chaz56 wrote:
Luckily we merged back into one team just before we found the Scientists, so it was not an issue. But I still wonder how we should play that should it come up again?

Count the Shuttle (or TCB) as the last member of the other team. Find it, and you're ready to escape!

chaz56 wrote:
Had a fun time. Thanks for designing the game.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Congratulations for successfully thwarting the diabolical doctor's fiendish plot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.