Hide
8 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Any difference in the American versions? (2005 vs 2012) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Leonard
msg tools
Pretty straightforward question but I had no luck finding an answer so far. Just curious if there's any reason to grab 2012 over maybe a used version of 2005.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no differences in the versions section. Contents not noted as being different. 2005 and 2012 version actually use identical cover images in version info. Unless someone knows otherwise, they seem the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Leonard
msg tools
Ah ok, I see that now. Thanks! I haven't figured out how to decipher all the info BGG provides yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Waenink
New Zealand
Whangarei
Northland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard that recent editions have normal card sizes - instead of hobbit cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride Europe never had hobbit sized cards. That is only in the base USA game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen klump
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, just in case you are currently stuck with those sad mini wagon cards, the TTR 1910 expansion for the USA map includes regular-size wagon cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only difference I ever saw was that in the first printing there were only 80 score spaces around the edge of the board (to commemmorate Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne). I think that the original printing also did not have symbols on cards and train spots on the board making it harder for colorblind people to play. Both changes have made the game easire to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
esok wrote:
The only difference I ever saw was that in the first printing there were only 80 score spaces around the edge of the board (to commemmorate Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne). I think that the original printing also did not have symbols on cards and train spots on the board making it harder for colorblind people to play. Both changes have made the game easire to play.

That was true of Ticket to Ride but not Ticket to Ride: Europe, which is what the OP was asking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.