Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Defcon is at 2, and the USSR plays 'Duck and Cover' does the US player have to take the event? If so is it the US players fault for starting a nuclear war or the USSR players fault (as they are the phasing player.) It would seem like the US players, since under card play it says:

'When playing a card for operations and it triggrs your opponent's event, your opponent implements the event text as if they had played the card themselves.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only recently read the rules, but I am sure it's the player actually playing the card that takes the blaim, even if it triggers an event by the opponent.

If not it would be far too easy - just wait until Defcon 2 and then play an event for your opponent that triggers a lower Defcon and you win instantly.

I think the play example in the rulebook supports this IIRC.

Per

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per is correct. Jason has confirmed that interpretation of the rules.

See the "4.5.C" section of the collected rulings list for links to Jason's posts on the topic.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/97390

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.