Subject: Custom Action Round Trackers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got the last coat of varnish on these. I made these boards from some hickory I had laying around.

Used a bowl-cutting router bit on an MDF template to shape the card trays. I decided to put them with an opening on the edge for easier card removal. 1/8" roundover bit made the edges nice, and a 10 degree kerf cut along the top for cards in continuous effect.

Lastly I gave it 3 coats of wiping varnish-- polyurethane thinned with mineral spirits in a roughly 50/50 ratio. Wipe on a coat, let dry til no longer tacky to the touch, repeat 2 more times. Let cure overnight, then repeat the whole process 2 more times. Best way I've found to avoid dust nibs and runs in your varnish.

There are 8 trays- one for the headline phase and 7 more for action rounds. I split it into two boards for ease of transport and storage. If I had to do it over again, I'd make sure I sanded the bottom of the trays a little more- you can still see some router bit swirls there. I'd also probably avoid hickory- it's so hard and stringy, routing was difficult.

You'll also note in the photo's I'm using Broken Token's 3-tray card holder for my Draw-Discard-Removed stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Uh, wow. Looks pretty darn good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.