Subject: Retail release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this is supposed to be available at Gen Con, but what of brick & mortar and/or online retail release? Anybody know how these things work, or perhaps some inside info on this particular title?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it supposed to be available at GenCon? I thought they said they might only have a few copies, primarily for gameplay.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the map of the 'Verse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fireflythegame.com/ says "in stores in September". The usual suspects are taking pre-orders, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Is it supposed to be available at GenCon? I thought they said they might only have a few copies, primarily for gameplay.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the map of the 'Verse.

Perhaps you're right. I have heard many things here on the forums.
Firedrake wrote:
http://fireflythegame.com/ says "in stores in September". The usual suspects are taking pre-orders, of course.

Not sure how I missed that line. I've read through that page at least twice before. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the gf9 WebSite:

We’ve dodged Reavers and bluffed the Alliance, finally confirming today that we will have a limited number of copies of the forthcoming Firefly expansion, Firefly: The Game – Kalidasa for sale at Gen Con! These are the very first printed copies of the game and this is your chance to get a copy months ahead its general release! Venture out to the Rim looking for new work and new adventures, but beware the long arm of the Alliance, the relentless Operative knows no bounds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just heard from BoardGameExtras in the UK:

Quote:
First up I'm afraid there is confusion over the release date for the Kalidasa expansion. It was originally meant to be released this month however, we have now heard from the UK distributors that Gale Force Nine have moved the UK/Europe release date til after Spiel essen (the big German games fair) so we won't see til late October now, my apologies especially to those who have preordered the expansion and are now having to wait longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woog E
msg tools
Does this apply to the new Verse map and the new resin ship models? Are they going to be all released on the same date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:

Quote:
First up I'm afraid there is confusion over the release date for the Kalidasa expansion. It was originally meant to be released this month however, we have now heard from the UK distributors that Gale Force Nine have moved the UK/Europe release date til after Spiel essen (the big German games fair) so we won't see til late October now, my apologies especially to those who have preordered the expansion and are now having to wait longer.

I don't feel quite so bad now for paying a LOT more than retail to buy my copy on eBay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crulo wrote:
Does this apply to the new Verse map and the new resin ship models? Are they going to be all released on the same date?
The Whole Damn 'Verse map has definitely shipped in the UK - I have mine already.

No idea about the resin ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dalek1 wrote:
Firedrake wrote:

Quote:

I don't feel quite so bad now for paying a LOT more than retail to buy my copy on eBay

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Now that we're in the release month... Anyone know if there's been a street date projected yet? I have a game day on the 29th, and am wondering if I'll get a copy in time....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary johnson

Raymore
Missouri
msg tools
The Firefly game web site now says ...

"Kalidasa will be available in October 2015"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim!

Melbourne
Victoria
msg tools
meks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garyjgeoaccess wrote:

It's definitely already released. Saw it at local store last Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary johnson

Raymore
Missouri
msg tools
That's good news. Thanks.

I hope Cool Stuff starts shipping 'em sometime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ID Card wrote:
garyjgeoaccess wrote:

Where? Haven't found it on ANY UK board game online store. I did find the Verse map though, so it's confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim!

Melbourne
Victoria
msg tools
meks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
ID Card wrote:
garyjgeoaccess wrote:

Where? Haven't found it on ANY UK board game online store. I did find the Verse map though, so it's confusing.

Saw it in Melbourne, Australia. We are generally the last place to get English printed games, so if we have it, then must be available elsewhere! You're right though, haven't seen in online here, only in store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ID Card wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
ID Card wrote:
garyjgeoaccess wrote:

Saw it in Melbourne, Australia. We are generally the last place to get English printed games, so if we have it, then must be available elsewhere! You're right though, haven't seen in online here, only in store.

At least some of the GF9 staff are based in NZ (or at least their customer service email on their website is a co.nz one) so it's less surprising if the antipodes see copies of their stuff first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Statarius

Citrus Heights
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has 2 left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary johnson

Raymore
Missouri
msg tools
I just got a message from Cool Stuff that my order of Kalidasa has shipped.

And the Cool Stuff web site says they have 20+ in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got my CSI announcement last night. I'll be very happy to get my shipment of 7 items -- all pre-orders at the time, Kalidasa was the last hold-out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.