Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schemaille
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I sold Magic cards on eBay, I'd put them in regular sleeves, then in to p-loaders,and put some cardboard on the outsides. Then I'd put the whole thing in a padded envelope. I recently received in the mail about 30 cards packaged the same way, minus the top-loaders. They arrived completely unscathed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Whyte
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niquilibrium wrote:
When selling cards for games online through eBay, Amazon, etc. What is the best way to pack them to insure that they arrive at their destination unbent and unscathed? Are there special boxes? Hard cases? I don't see the typical card sleeves being very protective in a shipping environment.

My normal way is using a normal sleeve inserted into a top-loader. You can get them off of Amazon or some other site. I then use Masking tape on top of the toploader to ensure that the card doesn't fall out.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Super-Thick-Loader/dp/B000LQ...

I recommend putting the card into the toploader the opposite of the way you put it into the sleeve. (If you put the card into the sleeve normally, put the sleeved card into the toploader upside down) This gives you extra moisture protection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yeah, when you are selling just a few, do what Mike said above. I've sold on eBay, MTGS, and to SCG like that without any problems.

Recently I sold 60 cards to SCG so I put them in a deck box with penny sleeves in there to make sure they wouldn't move in transit, then bubble wrapped the deck box and then put that in a small box that fit everything snugly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't tape across the top of a top loader. Masking tape isn't as bad as scotch tape, but just don't do it in general. Wrap a sheet of paper around the thing and tape that to itself instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.