Subject: Do you remember the Lost Nightmares? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
About a year back or so Julien, Tiff and I was working on this project:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1242263/lost-nightmares/pag...

Because it ended up being to much of a time consumer the project ended rather suddenly. To be honest I guess I just reached a point where all of my spare time was used to figure out new nightmares, testing them and discussing the specifics with you guys, Julien and Tiff. So I had to put some distance to the project.
For not informing any of you guys about this I am truely sorry.
However my group still use the Lost Nightmares every know and then and to this day I believe the project was successful even if incomplete.

Back then we had a solid base of followers but I never really got any clues as to how many of you ever got to actually use any of the content we made. So my question is this.

Did you ever try out the Lost Nightmares?

The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about wraping up the project to finish what we begun. This would include updating the rules, and finish testing on the remaining Nightmares maybe adding a few more. So even though we wont get to do 20 LN at least there will be a full set ready to order from printerstudio.
If I/we do reopen the project the main goal would be to finish it off quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried a couple of them, they were brutal. I really liked the idea of the lost nightmares. You guys were doing them before Season 3, and I had been waiting for the lost spawn cards to come out before I really used them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Coyotenomad wrote:
I tried a couple of them, they were brutal. I really liked the idea of the lost nightmares. You guys were doing them before Season 3, and I had been waiting for the lost spawn cards to come out before I really used them.

My personal favourite is Beatrice. Played a mission yesterday were we wasn't able to kill her but instead we tricked her into a hole. Quite a new way to deal with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, my: Yes Please!
I like using these far more than a standard Abomination as a "Final Boss".
I know there is a tremendous amount of labor involved in developing these, but:
In the Best of All Possible Worlds...? I'd love to see these developed for -every- Zombivor.

Personal Favs:
Tiny, Beatrice, and Willis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hemmings
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are awesome and your work is Rey much appreciated. Please continue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do, these are awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mb
Never knew these existed but I am very eager to try them out. I love the idea of giving some more character to the lost. Keep it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried them yet, but I have my sights set on printing out the materials to give 'em a go. They look very professional and I'm excited to try them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amazing!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing stuff

I would pay to print it when it was done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everyone just dropping by to let you know that Tiff, Julien and I are in the process of finding out where to go next with the Lost Nightmare project. Please subscribe to the original thread Lost Nightmare thread (link found at the top) as we will continue any info in there. If you have not yet tried out the Lost Nightmares feel free to try them out. The ones we have already done are good to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dine
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I spent geek gold so you can read this text.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've printed up a set of the Lost Nightmares already through PrinterStudio, they turned out great. I've also printed out Tiny's Last Laugh to match the custom equipment deck as well (The rest weren't ready when I did it).

The only image I have handy. The characters are poker sized cards and they have the Lost Nightmares logo filling the back. The images posted here on BGG needed a little touching up on the edges to make them full bleed.

Usually they've been played as bosses placed at the start of a game. Burying one or two in the spawn deck with a custom spawn card, or as an Aaagh card, would be another way to approach it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
please do!!! i never gave mich of feedback, mainly because better people at it did.
And my only idea/ feedback was that i wanted a quest where Tiny is protecting an end area building with X amount of survivors and you have to kill tiny to rescue them. And tiny go for one of them if no survivor in sight. LOL
Im still trying to do it myself.

so.. anyway... YES!!!!

timdine wrote:
I've printed up a set of the Lost Nightmares already through PrinterStudio, they turned out great. I've also printed out Tiny's Last Laugh to match the custom equipment deck as well (The rest weren't ready when I did it).

please gell me you have a lonk for us to use ur printerstudio file.

btw how i spawn them is, if you have any of the extra language of other expansions (dogz) just put a mark on them. I put a HUGE black stamp that read "censored" lol and that means.. oh oh.. no fancy, but easy and .. well free..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. M.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope you all will finish the project up cause it is looking very good and I am excited about it. Just spend your holliday or quit your job it,s for the good of us all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
French translations and proofreadings and hawkeyings on its mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely want to see these finished so we can order them through Printer Studio! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermann Steer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely an amazing project. Thanks for all your spare time you invested in this. Keep up the good work, as I would also like to see more of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everyone
Sorry for leaving you in the dark for so long. The responses we got from you guys was very inspiring and let there be no doubt that the Lost Nightmare project was greatly lifted by your support and have been since its very begining.

However the Lost Nightmare project has unfortunately reached its end and we will not be working on the project anymore. Though Julien, Tiff and I all agree that it would be fun to pick the project up where we left it and do some more Nightmares we have decided not to.
The reason for this is due to a major loss of files since a harddrive died on us. In theory we would be able to recreate everything again, but it would mean that we had to redesign everything we made so far. We are talking many hours of work doing again what has already been done.
Since the project was almost done anyway, neither of us think that it makes sense to do that.
This is also the reason I have not yet informed you since we were trying to recover the material we lost with the help of friends and experts but with no luck.
However this is not the end of the road.
I have a bunch of zombicide related materials and ideas that I am working on and testing. The first thing coming out is a scenario for Season 3 and once again Julien, Tiffany and myself will assure that the project will be as, spellchecked, tested and fan made official as possible.
In my opinion season 3 have not yet seen its full potential. I hope to make a bunch of scenarios that will see triggers, companions, vehicles, V.I.P's used dfferently than we are used to.

Though we now lack the sparetime to do these things, the ideas are plenty and with the help from you guys we should be able to do new zombicide projects in the future.

Hope to see you around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
timdine wrote:

The only image I have handy. The characters are poker sized cards and they have the Lost Nightmares logo filling the back. The images posted here on BGG needed a little touching up on the edges to make them full bleed.

I definitely want to print them via Printerstudio. Anyone have the edited images of the cards available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
Alejandrojohanson wrote:
wagglybean wrote:
Alejandrojohanson wrote:
Just so ya'll know, we've been discussing this expansion on the French fansite. And we've found sixteen more Lost Nightmares that some guys on the Edge forums created (They're working on doing even more).
I've added them to my Dropbox.

They're really very cool! I wonder if they'd hand out the PSD source files to anyone wanting to do an English text conversion...

I asked them just for you
(And by extension, the rest of us!)

Just so ya'll know, there's still some life in this project

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
wagglybean wrote:
That's awesome, thanks!

I've got the PSD file if you're interested! It's saved in my Dropbox under the Edge Forum Lost Nightmares subfolder.
But here is the message I got from the guy I've been talking to via the Edge forums.

"Buenas el PSD lo creo el user Tarot pero no estaba completo. No se si hay un PSD en condiciones porqe han sido los users Tarot y Sarcofago los que han ido creando las nuevas pesadillas.

Sin embargo en este enlace de mega esta la primera versión de la plantilla.

https://mega.nz/#!X4pV1JRI!bbkFGvkgYDZOIF4CzLcSIoolwBrgSgCQ7...

Espero que te sea de ayuda como punto de partida al menos.

El trabajo original de Tarot se encuentra en siguiente blog:

http://taroticide.blogspot.com.es/"

If it helps, I've been working on translating the Spanish ones on my own lately. I'll copy and paste what I've done after my lunch today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Salas
Spain
Córdoba
flag msg tools
Saludos a todos.

He mejorado la plantilla que hizo en su día Tarot completándola y haciéndola mas configurable. Espero que os guste y os sirva para poder realizar vuestras propias versiones de las Pesadillas Perdidas.

LOST NIGHTMARES PSD v.5.0 (3 mb)

=================
GOOGLE TRANSLATOR
=================

Hi guys.

I have improved the template did in its day Tarot supplementing and making it more configurable. I hope you like and serve you to make your own versions of Lost Nightmares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.