United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
www.garrettsgames.com
badge
This week's podcast - Circus Flohcati, Pi Mal Pflaumen, and Pack O Games Set 2
mbmbmbmbmb
After our quick and light games, it was time for something a bit meatier and Domaine was calling. The other group formed up for a 3-team Times Up contest, so Shelley, Liana, Martin and I sat at the smaller table and I built the board. I had played Lowenhertz once before, but didn't enjoy the protracted negotiation aspect, so Domaine's streamlining appeals to me more. Everyone else was a complete newbie to the game/system.

Rules discussed and cards explained, we began placing our castles and knights. Martin and I compete rather avidly, so I knew that the area where he had placed a castle near mine would be heavily contested. Shelley and Liana set up their kingdoms as well, but neither built quickly and thus fell behind early. With large neighboring domaines that were bound to push into each other, I declared a truce between Martin and me in one place, then got aggressive (4 knights) in another. My two large territories with steady income gave me a substantial lead, and though Martin tried to catch me, he couldn't make up the difference. Since my territories were well guarded, I wasn't going to lose terrain (and thus lose points).

The game ended with the deck running out. Liana had the most ducats, Martin and I tied for second, and the final scores were Doug = 26, Martin = 19, Liana = 15, Shelley = 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.