Amy Burns
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hello Fellow Gamers! ninja

We wanted to give you a heads up for our upcoming Kickstarter launch:

Level Up Dice is Level 3B's first product in the gaming world. These custom dice have a range of artfully crafted and unique designs. Being gamers ourselves, we found how much more of an enjoyable experience we had playing our favorite games with a special twist . Have you ever found yourself thinking that those boring standard dice take away from the thrill of victory, or the sting of defeat? How about the time you thought to yourself, “If only I had something to make my faction unique?” We are thrilled to bring this product line to our fellow gamers through the awesome community on Kickstarter. Now is your opportunity to join us in this exciting venture.

Prepare to level up…

Check out our Kickstarter preview page: Copy the URL below without the quotes and paste it in your browser
"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level3b/1617610102?token=e6f87ecd"

We would love to hear what your favorite designs are and what color combinations you would create. Start spreading the word to help us open all the cool designs in the stretch goals!!

Looking forward to your feedback and comments.

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/level3b
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Level3B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like a lot of these, some really great ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Amy, looks really good.

Curious though, why does the $17 6 dice option not allow us to choose 6 dice? I get not allowing custom orders of 2 of that, 1 of those, etc but I would love to get a set of 6 Bio-Hazard dice, no real need for twelve but this doesnt appear possible. Would it be too much trouble to open up the 6 option to allow us to say 6 of one design in the end survey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Burns
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the positive comments!

Jonathan: We are excited to see your interest in this pledge level!!!

To address the question, we sat down to discuss the idea. I think we found a solution to provide a customizable option for you. We are now in the process of adding a pledge level to accommodate 6 customizable dice for $19 (only 2 dollars more than our pre-set pledge level)!!

In reference to what you brought up about customization of types of dice, we wanted to allow for supporters to have the fun of choosing any combination of designs and inlay color choices, so we had already added this option for all other pledge levels besides the designer's choice. This would indeed allow for the ability to order 2 of this and 1 of that. This does add a lot more effort on our end, but we are glad to do it for the benefit of our backers!

We are planning on launching the first week of August and would love to hear any other feedback you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you playtested these designs? I ask because I notice that a few have the pattern in which the 1 result is a cool icon, and then 2-6 are various versions of pips or tick marks. (The archer, for example.) The conventional pattern for customized dice is for 1-5 to use pips and the 6 to be replaced with the cool icon. If I were new to the dice and they rolled for the first time in my game, I'd assume that's what they would be. Replacing the 1 with the special icon seems counterintuitive -- the most special should be the most valuable.

Just a thought. Neat idea! Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Burns
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Brendan,

Thanks for your feedback! Our team got together and talked about the change from the number one spot for the icon to the number six spot. While our original intent for the design worked well in the circles we tested this product, after thinking about your suggestion and doing more research and design possibilities, we have indeed made the change. In the process we found that the difficulty we were having for some of the 5 and 6 differentiation disappeared, and made the overall playability better. What a great suggestion!

We have also updated the 6 custom dice for $19 pledge, and added an option so that all designs may be engraved on an ivory blank or the original blank color depicted in the design and stretch goals sections. For example the health die is by default engraved on a red blank, but this new option allows you to choose ivory instead.

All the changes have been made on the Kickstarter page, and we would love to hear thoughts/feedback as to the changes.

Looking forward to launching the first week of August... so now's the time to start spreading the word!

Thanks again,
Amy & the team at Level 3B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Burns
United States
New York
flag msg tools
We are now live on Kickstarter!! We have set our goal to provide you with some of the best designed dice on the market. You have the chance to customize many different options to upgrade your favorite games like Alien Frontiers, Kingsburg, Stone Age, Dead of Winter and so many more for a myriad of possible combinations. Please support our campaign, and help us unlock the stretch goals that further expand your gaming experience. Bring the excitement to your next gaming group party.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level3b/level-up-dicetm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.