United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the 2nd Ed. rules when playing with the advanced combat rules: may an attacker conduct a second and subsequent attack against units in a fort during combat?

Rule II D seems to indicate that the combat can have multiple rounds but there's no mention of this in IV B which is an explicit exception to the combat rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meck
United States
Sinking Spring
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

I see no conflict between the rules sections.

AGR : II. D. Does state multiple combats may be made.

AGR IV. B. Shows the exceptions to normal combat. Forts double defenders within the fort. Tac Cards are not used. No auto elim for defenders within the fort. Ect. No mention of an exception to restrict multiple combats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolven wrote:
Yes.

AGR IV. B. Shows the exceptions to normal combat. Forts double defenders within the fort. Tac Cards are not used. No auto elim for defenders within the fort. Ect. No mention of an exception to restrict multiple combats.

So the only way combat can be compelled to stop in this case is a "NE" result in the CRT. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meck
United States
Sinking Spring
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SewerStarFish wrote:
So the only way combat can be compelled to stop in this case is a "NE" result in the CRT. Correct?

That's the way I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SewerStarFish wrote:
Wolven wrote:
Yes.

Which is why forts can be traps if the attacking force has decent odds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.