Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Shelley
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. - Unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know who the artist will be? I know Rick Barber worked on Stonewall's Sword: The Battle of Cedar Mountain in this series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
kshelley wrote:
Do we know who the artist will be? I know Rick Barber worked on Stonewall's Sword: The Battle of Cedar Mountain in this series.

There are some map images of his for HS already posted, so Rick Barber

(finding link)

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1ddaa7ef/733
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!
The game just crossed the 500 threshold so no official GMT artist has been assigned yet. Yes, Rick did the playtest map as we're friends and I hired him to do the map for me so we'd have something nice to playtest on. But who will do the final art is undetermined, though I suspect Mark Simonitch will do it. Rick will have his version of the map for sale from him directly.

Thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey guys!
The game just crossed the 500 threshold so no official GMT artist has been assigned yet. Yes, Rick did the playtest map as we're friends and I hired him to do the map for me so we'd have something nice to playtest on. But who will do the final art is undetermined, though I suspect Mark Simonitch will do it. Rick will have his version of the map for sale from him directly.

Thanks!
Herm

Now how am I supposed to get a good rumor started if you come over here dumping facts on it ?

My bad. Saw those and assumed that was part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Barber
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'll certainly be lobbying for GMT to allow me to do the final art, but working with both Charlie Kibler and Mark Simonitch in the past I know it will turn out fine in any event. The initial game will just cover Longstreet's July 2nd Attack (Herm's fascination/fetish/curse....) but the anticipated expansion will overlap by a few hexes at the northern end with a 22 x 34 going east to west, in a very broad 'T' shape. That will add in all the units and terrain to game all of the July 2nd and 3rd actions (and who knows, perhaps the 1st day's fighting can show up in C3i some day....)

And, as Herm hinted, should they not go with me, I'll likely be doing my own version of my 'home field' - I'm just like that. That's already in the works in a manner - mapping this field at 150/hex for Herm's game I started with the terrain analysis I had done for my own Summer Storm (200/hex, 40' contours) and simply redrew it at this tighter scale. I liked how it turned out so much that I'm planning a 'Designer's Edition' of my Summer Storm maps, redrawn at 150 per hex. The actual game plays out fine at that scale, with just minor adjustments to the Artillery ranges and turn length.

When I finally have the time to undertake that, I plan on mapping it in hexes large enough to accommodate the 5/8" counters from Herm's game (as well as lots of WWII Tank games!!!) I plan on keeping it as 17 x 22 sections, so that even though the overall map will end up something like 51 x 44, players will be able to 'put together' just as much of the battle as they need for any scenario. (And that way I can just keep adding in new sections as the mood and my insanity allow!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.