Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious how difficult / time consuming it is to put this game together. I've only done a couple of PnP's before but they were simple to put together (Epic and CoinAge). Anyone have experience doing this, and if so, any tips to make sure I don't mess it up if I decide to go this route?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put this together this week. It took about an hour and half to cut out all the cards with a good paper cutter, and another hour to sleeve them, which i did with old CCG cards.

I mounted the board onto foamcore and the player aids on cardstock with spray adhesive.

All told it took about 3 hours, though I was watching TV during the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 game. Support small publishers of great games and buy it.

https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=033423
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't listen to that guy. If you want to do PnP, do it. If the publisher didn't want you to do PnP, they wouldn't have supplied the files to do so.

I made a version with mini-cards, because I wanted a smaller more portable version. Printed the cards at Printer Studio. The boards were easy to put together - pasted on chip board and cut them out. Came out great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdmers wrote:

I've heard nothing but great things about it from video reviews and I will probably buy it regardless of whether or not I do this PnP. I was curious of how much work it would take to build it PnP so I could try it with my game group this next week before I get the funds to buy it. I don't believe that designers create PnP's for purchase (with instructions on how to PnP included) if they didn't believe it would a) benefit the game or b) benefit the players/community.

At the end of the day, if I do PnP ($1) AND buy the game ($40), they will get $1 dollar directly and the profit of the sale of the game indirectly. My issue is that if I'm going to buy the game anyway, would I want to go through a lot of effort and cost to myself to built it? I have to weigh that decision out but not without more information from those that have done it. Just because someone is interested in PnP doesn't mean that they are trying to be cheap or that they aren't interested in buying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for Frock and Steven, thank you for your feedback!

If there's anyone else out there that have done it, please feel free to add in your feedback!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jt4jc wrote:
sdmers wrote:

I've heard nothing but great things about it from video reviews and I will probably buy it regardless of whether or not I do this PnP. I was curious of how much work it would take to build it PnP so I could try it with my game group this next week before I get the funds to buy it. I don't believe that designers create PnP's for purchase (with instructions on how to PnP included) if they didn't believe it would a) benefit the game or b) benefit the players/community.

At the end of the day, if I do PnP ($1) AND buy the game ($40), they will get $1 dollar directly and the profit of the sale of the game indirectly. My issue is that if I'm going to buy the game anyway, would I want to go through a lot of effort and cost to myself to built it? I have to weigh that decision out but not without more information from those that have done it. Just because someone is interested in PnP doesn't mean that they are trying to be cheap or that they aren't interested in buying the game.

Jason, thanks for the clarification, which you certainly did not owe me. Makes total sense to me.

Frock, the reason why companies put out PnP is NOT to cannibalize their boardgame sales. They do it for exactly the reasons that Jason quoted - to build interest.

All of that said, Stockpile is the game that replaces the 30 year domination of Acquire as our go to economic game. It is brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.