Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Panamax or Airlines Europe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Arcia
msg tools
Hello guys i understand these games are not very similar but i was trying to decide on an economic, stock game and ive looked at Acquire, Panamax and Airlines Europe. Which one should i get?? I might be a lil biased since i am from Panama. And probably will end up getting it eventually anyways. But regarless which one do you consider the better game? And/or any other recommendations? Thanks a lot guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad winters
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both games are great. Airlines is much easier and maybe a better place to start. Maybe your best bet is to preorder Stockpile if you looking for a more pure stock game. I think they are 3 winners so good luck no matter which you choose. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Arcia
msg tools
This would be my first stock game so im a newbie when it comes to this mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about 1830?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Airlines Europe is a very streamlined and elegant game. It's a great place to start with stocks. It's one of those games that's simple enough that the mechanics sort of step aside and allow you to focus solely on the strategy between you and your opponents.

Panamax is far more thematic. Airlines Europe is a ticket to ride level in its abstractaction but it has wonderful flare and great production value. bPanamax however has a much steeper learning curve to start. There's A LOT more going on in Panamax. Many plates to keep spinning as opposed to A.E. where you're really only dealing with a few things.

Both Airlines and Panamax are very solid so you can't go wrong with either. It just depends on how much complexity/weight you and your group are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Airlines Europe - light weight, played 2-5, with 3+ being best. Plays in about 60-90 minutes.
Acquire - light weight - classic game, 3-5 players I believe. Plays in about 90-120 minutes.
Panamax - high medium weight - 2-4 players. Great with 3 players, best with 4. Plays in my experience in about 2.5-3 hours.
1830 - heavy weight based on decisions/strategy and not on the rules - amazing game - plays 3-6 players - plays in about 6 hours.

All of these games are great I think all 4 are worth owning. First two anyone could play. Panamax needs to be played with gamers. 1830 is for heavy gamers only but for me the best game of the bunch.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Panamax has stocks, the stock aspect is minor. It is much more of a pick up and delivery game. If you are looking for the stock aspect, I would choose Airlines Europe over it. My favorite stock game is Imperial however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes imperial is another good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sunky_21 wrote:
This would be my first stock game so im a newbie when it comes to this mechanic.

Go Airlines Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Arcia
msg tools
I have decided to go with Airlines Europe! It seems the entry level game for this mechanic that i need. Thanks a lot guys!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.