Tornio '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcement Arrival & Indirect Fire Support ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cole Biere
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if Reinforcement Arrival constitutes Movement? For the purposes of applying a penalty to Indirect Fire Support…

I suppose not? Since reinforcements are given an opportunity to Move immediately after arrival…

But then again, arrival is part of the Movement Phase… and implies that the unit(s) have moved.

Specifically, if it did not Move [during Phase 2b], could a Support Unit reinforcement offer Indirect Fire at full factor in the same Player Turn in which it arrived?

My suspicion is that the penalty does not apply. I imagine Reinforcement Arrival here includes a degree of mobilization, rather than a simple transportation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuukka
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
16.2:The first
map edge hex or a Landing Site hex [16.2.3] entered by a unit is
always counted in the movement cost in addition to any possible
enemy ZOC cost [17.5].

I think that the penalty applies only for those that enter from the map edge or via naval landing.

I don't remember if there are any indirect fire support units "entering" play in Kemi or Tornio. Those wouldn't have the penalty if they didn't move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Grönroos
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
All reinforcements are considered to have moved the turn they arrive even when starting on a Landing Site hex. This means also that all Support Units have a penalty due to movement the turn they arrive no matter what. Sorry, if I have been unclear with this in the rules.

/Miku
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Biere
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
That makes good sense. Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.