Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Endeavor» Forums » General

Subject: 2-player viability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
are there official rules/variants for two players? If so is this game a good choice if that's the main focus?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
are there official rules/variants for two players? If so is this game a good choice if that's the main focus?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/437708/2-player-endeavor
Official and works great.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
are there official rules/variants for two players? If so is this game a good choice if that's the main focus?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/437708/2-player-endeavor
Official and works great.


Thanks but I'd still like to hear some feedback from those that have played it with two.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We only play the game with two and enjoy it very much. It may not be as tight as with 4 or 5 players, but it is a very good and tactical two player game. I'm not the best in providing impressions, but the thread I linked has some good feedback.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this several times with the official 2-player rules and they work quite nicely. I agree, this game is best with 4 or 5, but the neutral colour that both players control can make for some interesting situations.

If you check out the Rahdo Runs Through video, he uses the 2-player rules. Then you can see how it works.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
are there official rules/variants for two players? If so is this game a good choice if that's the main focus?


I highly recommend my changes to Peter's variant: Re: Faster, Friendlier 2-Player Endeavor

I played the official one several times and it was good, but I feel the Peter/me hybrid is much closer to the feel of the original 3-5 player game.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarratt Gray
New Zealand
Upper Hutt
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one of the main reasons we built the 2 player variant the way we did was so that set-up was exactly the same as a 3-5 player game.

It's cool that other people have come up with concepts that suit them better though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarratt wrote:
I think one of the main reasons we built the 2 player variant the way we did was so that set-up was exactly the same as a 3-5 player game.

It's cool that other people have come up with concepts that suit them better though.


I finally got a copy for a reasonable price, just not sure if it's worth playing with only two of us or which variant to try first.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game a lot, but never 2 player.

Just played a 2 player game today with the official variant, and it was still a great game. As said previously, the game shines with more, and it's not as tight, but still an EXCELLENT game in all respects, and the variant works well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
I've played the game a lot, but never 2 player.

Just played a 2 player game today with the official variant, and it was still a great game. As said previously, the game shines with more, and it's not as tight, but still an EXCELLENT game in all respects, and the variant works well.


Never care how a game is with more when we only play with two. Hoping to try it soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.