Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed this because I really like the mechanisms and the no-table microgame aspect. I don't like the video game theme, though.

So here's a wishlist for future character expansions

(Any IPs could be treated as KoT does.)

1) Wild animals (such as lions, bears, eagles, buffaloes etc.)
2) cliché-historic warriors (vikings, samurai, gladiators, pirates, cowboys etc.)
3) Proper mythological creatures (true to classic texts)

Not too probable, but really cool would be Euro-comic book characters (Tintin, Asterix, Lucky Luke). I guess, these would have to be the real IP characters - which makes this wish unreal.

What else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason the move list in Dragon Punch reminds me of Mortal Kombat. So straight away there is my personal wish. I also wouldn't mind some board game related crossovers, such as Fantasy Strike or Legend of the Five Rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
For some reason the move list in Dragon Punch reminds me of Mortal Kombat. So straight away there is my personal wish. I also wouldn't mind some board game related crossovers, such as Fantasy Strike or Legend of the Five Rings.

You are in luck with game crossovers since Level 99 games purchased Dragon Punch and will be including two Battlecon fighters with the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
Rook96 wrote:

You are in luck with game crossovers since Level 99 games purchased Dragon Punch and will be including two Battlecon fighters with the Kickstarter.

oh? I thought they only had a cooperation and Level 99's doing the distribution of Dragon Punch (rather than having bought Dragon Punch)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the Kickstarter update doesn't really go into details, I wouldn't be surprised if L99 had purchased the game. L99 is also helping manufacture the game, so I think they are more involved than just distribution.

But I definitely could be very wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yepp, I just checked. Somehow, out of this line, I made it to be just distribution:

Quote:
I'm teaming up with LEVEL 99 GAMES, purveyors of awesome games, to get my game into distribution!

But it could indeed be much more:

Quote:
We were so impressed with this awesome micro-game that we're partnering with Koen (the game's creator) to publish Dragon Punch and bring it to stores all around the world as part of our Duelist Line!

Though I do think the Duelist Line carries other examples where Level 99 only does distribution (I'm thinking of Resistor_)

Edit: also, sorry to OP for hijacking the thread. I'll try to contribute more on topic later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.