Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Peterson
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
What happens when a giant boulder comes out in the arc as a support token such as the stonemason's cart? The boulder "destroys all monsters" but the cart is "not a monster". We house ruled that the cart driver was able to move out of the way so the cart suffered a glancing blow, losing a point of health just as if it had encountered a monster on its space.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GetTheKidsoffPS wrote:
What happens when a giant boulder comes out in the arc as a support token such as the stonemason's cart? The boulder "destroys all monsters" but the cart is "not a monster". We house ruled that the cart driver was able to move out of the way so the cart suffered a glancing blow, losing a point of health just as if it had encountered a monster on its space.

Thoughts?

Page 9 of the Dark Titan rulebook.

"Support tokens hit by Boulders are always destroyed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Peterson
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Dave! There is some very bad formatting of the rulebook, it seems. We looked through that page about 3 times before posting here. I even missed it on my re-reading after your post and was about to counter your statement. In our copy, the text is actually obscured by the gray border art and is nearly illegible. I also wouldn't classify encounters with the boulders as "fighting", and would expect something that important to appear in the summary on p. 12 as well. Oh well, we'll know better next time (hopefully!)

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.