mark steeves
msg tools
I need to ask a few questions about the Terminator Genisys game since it is not even available in Canada. 1st, What size are the terminator models? Are they small? ...Can terminators double move to 12" or just move slow? and Can you fire on a reeling target? I look forward to more gameplay on this subject. thanks, Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
The terminator models are approximately 34mm tall. The crawlers are smaller.

The Terminators can run, this surprised me a bit but after reviewing the movies you can see Arnie run!

A reeling target is still a valid target to shoot and can be forced to reel again and there is no limit on how many "done" markers a model can have. It is still best to try and get within close combat range to finish them off "Hasta la vista" style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark steeves
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I will go with the concept that the Infiltrators are an advanced design/chip and can run but the front line endos do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They can run, but remember if you run one too close he's a sitting duck, since turn order is variable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought a copy of the core set in a local shop here in Calgary 3 weeks ago, so there must be at least one distributor who can get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mark121212 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I will go with the concept that the Infiltrators are an advanced design/chip and can run but the front line endos do not.

The skinless endos are the same as the infiltrator, just when deployed on assault missions (extermination), skynet didn't bother with the skin job.

And yes, they can run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hot Rod
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I have played a few games, inaccurately treating all terminators as Slow, not just crawlers. Despite being wrong, it makes for a thematic, tense game. Thematically, I think Endoskeletons shouldn't be able to run. They can do so in a skin suit, because they have muscles supporting the movement, but without, they should be lumbering. It almost feels like the Terminators should be played as slow. It would also make it more interesting, when you introduce T-800 and T-1000, as they would not be slow. It also makes for a more tense game, because the inevitable slow advance plays games with the Resistance player's head, as you're forced to break cover to get into short range for combat, and press even further to move in close for Hasta La Vista Baby.

Judging from how tough they are to kill, I think it gives the Resistance a better chance, while also making them more vulnerable. Slow Endoskeletons also make for a more asymmetrical game, giving the terminator player, and a faction as a whole, more to think about when planning their move. Otherwise, you're just playing a more dumbed down version of the Resistance. This puts the onus on the Resistance to move out of comfort zones and press the advance in scenarios with a timer, like annihilate, where they need to put the Terminators down quickly.

I'm curious if any one that has played correctly, has tried it this way for kicks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several games so far in which the Terminators are rarely (if ever) running. There appears to be too much value in being able to shoot every turn as the Resistance members more or less get mowed down by plasma fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.