Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

The Charters should have been included in the base game. That is how needed I feel this is. The Charters give you another way to score VP which is great. It can also direct you when you are building in ways more than just to score the most in a row or column. It directs your use of buildings in another interesting way.

This mini expansion is rather simple. You get a few tiles that score at the end of the game. That's it. Yet, the decisions that come forth from these tiles add a little spice to the game. Just enough to give you something else to think about. Currently, for around $5.00, this is a bargain but I do question why it wasn't included in the base game.

Keeper for anyone planning to play the base game.

Components:

There are 8 tiles included. The cardboard used is very thick and I like the way they look. They are thick and great quality. You never shuffle these, so they sould last forever.

Rule Book:

There isn't a rule book included. The rules are printed on the cardboard you punch out. This is a little tricky as I'm sure it saves cost, but now I have to keep the punchout to have the rules.

Flow of the Game:

You get 7 tiles that score if certain conditions are made:

1. Town Carter: You get 2 colonist to the first player that completes a row

2. Resource Charter: 3 colonist to build 6 of that building type (1 for each of the 4 types of buildings)

3. City Charter: 4 Colonist to the first player that completes a column of buildings

4. Governor: 2 Colonist to the player that earns the most of these charters

Should I buy this game?:

This is a must little expansion to me if I'm going to play the base game. It allows you different ways to score and adds more strategy to the game. When I purchased it at Dice Tower Convention it was running $5.00 which is a bargain for what it adds to the game. If you are going to play the base game, this is a must buy.

Keeper.

*The images posted with this review are not mine and are images I found on BGG. If you click on the image, you can see who posted it to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.