Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff B
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just completed our first race at Austin and man, was it entertaining.

My son and I each raced three cars for one lap. His pole position car and my second place car drove away from the pack and he had the good fortune to make the turn 5 hairpin in 4th gear while my car came up short, giving him a huge advantage down the longest straight, as he was able to roll 5th gear two turns in a row, making it safely into turn 6.

Most of the rest of the field caught up to the second place car by the time we all reached turn six when my race went into the trash. All three of my cars came up short at Turn 6, while his second and third cars made it.

His lead car was way in front when he rolled a 3rd gear 8 and overshot the turn 9 by 3, which caused him to spin out!

Still, everyone else was back in Turn 7 or just leaving 6, so I figured the leader would still win.

We have a house rule where I give my son the option to decide as we head to the last turn how we will determine the winner - First Car Over the Line or Car Farthest Past the Finish Line.

His lead car managed to get about half way down the finish straight still in the lead. He rolled a 10 in 4th gear and went four spaces past the line. Had he chosen "First Over the Line" he would have won.

I then rolled a 15 in 5th gear coming out of Turn 10 and made it over the line by two spaces, coming up short of stealing the win.

Then his car in third rolled a fifth gear 19 and ended up FIVE spaces past the line, stealing the win by a half a space from his other car - which had led the entire lap but was the one which had spun out.

We also ended up with four dangerous spaces over the one lap, which suggests future two lap races could really litter the track.

This track instantly goes to the lead pack for my favorites. Hopefully future races live up to the drama from the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.