United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious which trumps which in the situation where the Acolyte with Dark Veil is at a location that contains a Corruption blight. It came up last game, and I assumed the least-favorable outcome was the one I should follow

Dark Veil is a Bonus power that allows you to exhaust it to ignore the effects of blights for the remainder of the turn.

Corruption disallows bonuses for heroes in the same location.

I'm assuming that the Corruption blight essentially disables the Dark Veil before it's able to be used, correct?

I also imagine that if the Acolyte were to use the Dark Veil before traveling to the location of the Corruption, then the Dark Veil would still be in effect, right? That is, Corruption doesn't negate Bonus effects already in play prior to arrival in it's location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gatesphere wrote:
I'm assuming that the Corruption blight essentially disables the Dark Veil before it's able to be used, correct?

I also imagine that if the Acolyte were to use the Dark Veil before traveling to the location of the Corruption, then the Dark Veil would still be in effect, right? That is, Corruption doesn't negate Bonus effects already in play prior to arrival in it's location?

That's how I've always played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Dark Veil only helps out the Acolyte. If he uses it prior to moving into the location with Corruption (and other blights), it's not disabling those blights for any other Heroes in the same location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.