Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Fan-Made Scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
Hello ALL!

...So, there I was, searching for some sort of guidance through the many fan-made scenarios, when I realized I could not find anything of much worth -- Hence, the thread.

Initially, I thought I might construct a poll maybe, make it neat and tidy, but it seems there are actually something like a TON of fan-made scenarios floating around out there, and really, it's anybody's guess as to which of those are in fact complete and have been reasonably play-tested, and which have, instead, long been abandoned. Therefore, I figured I'd skip the poll and post these simple...

Questions: Which fan-made scenarios do you think are worth playing? Are any of them on par with those officially released? Do you find any of them to be among the best scenarios ever? And that's it...The End!

Thank you for your time, my name is Mathew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question I am interested to see people thoughts.

As a side note here is a link to a geek list that has compiled many if not all of the scenarios for Robinson

Scenarios available on BGG for 'Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
Actually, it was that very list that gave me pause and made me wonder: "Wow, where would I even begin?"

Prior to researching, I had it in my head there were maybe five or six fan-made scenarios, and probably that was because those were all I heard mentioned -- Could it be though, they are actually the most noteworthy? I can't say. If it's any consolation, frequent names include: Zombie Island, Experiment on Dinosaur Island, Island of Lost Souls, and Leviathan's Defeat. There might be a few more, but memory fails me.

As for the Naturalist, personally, I choose to ignore it all together, due to the fact it's now more or less part of the Voyage of the Beagle -- Perhaps this is wrong of me? I don't know.

Having not attempted to play anything fan-made as of yet, I would assume for the Hunters scenario to be as solid as they come, since it was posted on the Portal website and all, but there's not much feedback to be found there either, so who knows?

It seems like many of the threads and file pages themselves contain comments more pertaining to what changes/fixes ought to be made, rules clarifications, printing issues, and things of this nature -- I mean, there is very little in the way of whether or not the finished product is truly a good one, comparatively speaking, and since time is not infinite...Well, you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.