Subject: Damn the Torpedoes..or Enemy Mine as the Soviets might say! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just read the interview given by Cdr. Benford (thank you Andy!). Some nice insights into the game.

No torpedoes... hmmmm. WHAT? But this is a Sub game!! IMHO it doesn't matter at this stage. Why? Because as the title of the game suggests, the subs are in the area to wreak havoc whilst being undetected: Laying mines and sabotaging harbours (with, I assume, Special Forces). The subs aren't "going loud" in this game! I quite like the idea of an enemy ship trundling over a mine whilst my sub is sitting quietly underneath a thermal layer (cue evil laughter! devil ), or even better, getting away with a snorting move in bad weather (haha, still can't see me, but I know where you are).

Note: I have no idea of the rules yet, this is just supposition on my part.

Perhaps torpedo rules could be worked in as an expansion or discussed as a house rule some time after release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live every day as if it were your first
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
No torpedoes... hmmmm.

Probably THAT was the Cold War! No gun fire at all – just unsettling the opponent by showing him your weapons. Using them could have easily set free the hounds of war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
I've just read the interview given by Cdr. Benford (thank you Andy!). Some nice insights into the game.

No torpedoes... hmmmm. WHAT? But this is a Sub game!! IMHO it doesn't matter at this stage. Why? Because as the title of the game suggests, the subs are in the area to wreak havoc whilst being undetected: Laying mines and sabotaging harbours (with, I assume, Special Forces). The subs aren't "going loud" in this game! I quite like the idea of an enemy ship trundling over a mine whilst my sub is sitting quietly underneath a thermal layer (cue evil laughter! devil ), or even better, getting away with a snorting move in bad weather (haha, still can't see me, but I know where you are).

Note: I have no idea of the rules yet, this is just supposition on my part.

Perhaps torpedo rules could be worked in as an expansion or discussed as a house rule some time after release.

I agree with you, but… torpedoes would have been nice. Dice or no dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite sure the Geek will house rule torpedoes soon after the game's general release. Andy might even have a possible expansion up his sleeve (pure conjecture on my part).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.