United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got all three night turns complete and ready for posting,
but first a little observation during our play.
In the six years since this games release there has been one counter correction with additions that were missing and two rule errata's. In that time no one has mentioned that the Battle books set up dates are WRONG.
Which is why I always choose to play the full battle. I want to know that the game actually works.

On with the posting
You'd think that night turns were un-eventful, oh, not so in this case.
I'll start out slow and build up from there.
20:00, 24:00 & 04:00 turns
We find my calvary commands of Wheeler & Wharton at the northwest corner of the map, Pegram bgd is in reserve at the northeast map. Wheeler has successfully made short work of Minty cav bgd and both(Wheeler & Wharton), are on their way to the next objectives. For Wharton its an easy one, cover the bridge crossing at the Nashville tnpk(A1904). As for Wheeler I send him down to take the crossroads at Wilkinson Pike(A1945). My third cav bgd of Pegram stays in reserve to bring back routed unit.
Wharton takes his position, dismounts at the bridge and builds breastworks.
Wheeler is not so lucky, he's get confronted by BobDeM Union calvary commander Stanley and the reserve calvary units. On there way to assisted their commander is Union calvary Kennett 1/cav, Zahn 2/1/C bgd.

On the southern end of the map we have my Confederate Hardee corp Cleburne div confronted by BobDeM Union Thomas corp Negley 2/div and Kennett 1/cav Zahn 2/1/bgd. before the latter moves to support his corp commander, an overwhelming force to do battle with without his own support. Where is the rest of the troops(Confederate Polk corp Cheatham div)?, (Still in hidden deployment). The other div(Confederate Hardee corp McCown div) is a reinforcement scheduled to appear soon.
Well, when confront by an over whelming force who wishes to pursue and do you harm, stand and build. Which Cleburne div does well, BobDeM didn't like this, it stops Negley div and even backs him up.

Heres where the proverbal s*** hits the fan. AnthonyN decides its time to take no prisoners with BobL and unleashes Hardee corp Breckenridge div & Polk corp Whithers div on Crittenden corp Wood/1 & Palmer/2 divs. He rolls for change orders at night, automatic fatigue for both divisions brigades. The before is BCE'd at the division level and latter barely makes it to safety.
Even spilting Withers div in the face of Palmer div to turn around and face Union McCook corp Sheridan div, WOW!
Aftermath of the carnage follows and then the re-estabishment of battle lines.

Crittenden corp VanCleve 3/div makes it up to the battle, is it too late?
McCook corp Sheridan 3/div gets in Polk corp Withers div rear, now what?
Hardee corp Breakenridge div is now free though?
What about Thomas corp Negley 2/div and Hardee corp Cleburne div?
Wheeler vs Stanley

See you soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert LoCiceo
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Wow. Spectacular job Thomas. Will take at least a week to sort out the action and plan for upcoming daylight operations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this beauty in the post with the purchase being prompted by this AAR!!
I hope we can see the next installment of the battle soon here?!

Very much looking forward to see how it pans out and how the story unfolds!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hreschreiter wrote:
Just received this beauty in the post with the purchase being prompted by this AAR!!
I hope we can see the next installment of the battle soon here?!

Very much looking forward to see how it pans out and how the story unfolds!!
We are scheduled to play Saturday September 5th, AAR to follow next day.

You will definitely enjoy this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.